The Student Room Group

AQA Maths 8700 questions.

Hi, I have a few questions.

Question 1: What was the grade boundaries for the new AQA Maths 8700 spec in June 2017, specifically Foundation.

Question 2: I am taking the new AQA Maths 8700 (Foundation) in June 2018. I need either grade 4 - 5. I have done the new 8700 practice papers set 1 - 4 (1F). Shall I redo them until I get what I need? I get about 30 - 40 marks, I'm not sure what grade this is but I'm aiming for about 50 - 60 / 80.

Question 3: I really want / need the AQA Maths 8700 June 2017, the one they did a few months ago, to see what the questions were, so that I can do the paper and practice. If anybody got it, I would highly appreciate it.

Question 4: Please give me some tips on how to revise specific topics. I learn a topic, know how to do it, but as it's worded weirdly in AQA papers, I seem to get baited and get it wrong.

Thank you,
-from a worried student
Original post by NeedHelp42
Hi, I have a few questions.

Question 1: What was the grade boundaries for the new AQA Maths 8700 spec in June 2017, specifically Foundation.

Question 2: I am taking the new AQA Maths 8700 (Foundation) in June 2018. I need either grade 4 - 5. I have done the new 8700 practice papers set 1 - 4 (1F). Shall I redo them until I get what I need? I get about 30 - 40 marks, I'm not sure what grade this is but I'm aiming for about 50 - 60 / 80.

Question 3: I really want / need the AQA Maths 8700 June 2017, the one they did a few months ago, to see what the questions were, so that I can do the paper and practice. If anybody got it, I would highly appreciate it.

Question 4: Please give me some tips on how to revise specific topics. I learn a topic, know how to do it, but as it's worded weirdly in AQA papers, I seem to get baited and get it wrong.

Thank you,
-from a worried student

1. Grade boundaries are on the AQA web site
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-RF-GDE-BDY-JUN-2017.PDF
You needed just over 40 marks for a 4 and just over 50 for a 5 (on each paper). This could change for future exams, there has always been some variation in past boundaries.
2. You should always sort out why you didn't answer a practice paper correctly and work on the topics it reveals you need to improve but I'm not convinced redoing the paper has much value.
3. Your teacher will give you the summer 2017 papers when they want you to have them. They are not made available to students by the examiners as many schools use them as official mock exams.
4. practice, practice and more practice. Papers from the previous specification are worth doing. The same people are writing the questions and most of what was tested before is still being tested with similar questions. CGP have done some practice papers that are quite good and they are not expensive.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
1. Grade boundaries are on the AQA web site
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-RF-GDE-BDY-JUN-2017.PDF
You needed just over 40 marks for a 4 and just over 50 for a 5 (on each paper)
2. You should always sort out why you didn't answer a practice paper correctly and work on the topics it reveals you need to improve but I'm not convinced redoing the paper has much value.
3. Your teacher will give you the summer 2017 papers when they want you to have them. They are not made available to students by the examiners as many schools use them as official mock exams.
4. practice, practice and more practice. Papers from the previous specification are worth doing. The same people are writing the questions and most of what was tested before is still be tested with similar questions. CGP have done some practice papers that are quite goo and they are not expensive.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest