The Student Room Group

Grad Scheme Application - cover letter necessary?

Hi there,

I'm in the process of completing an application for a grad scheme.

The application includes 4 job specific questions (300 words each) including:

Why do you want to work for us?
What specifically attracts you to this role?

My question is - is it still necessary to write and attach a cover letter on the 'attachments' tab? or is your CV enough?

I guess what i've written for the above questions covers pretty much what I'd write in a cover letter?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by JME1993
Hi there,

I'm in the process of completing an application for a grad scheme.

The application includes 4 job specific questions (300 words each) including:

Why do you want to work for us?
What specifically attracts you to this role?

My question is - is it still necessary to write and attach a cover letter on the 'attachments' tab? or is your CV enough?

I guess what i've written for the above questions covers pretty much what I'd write in a cover letter?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Your cover letter would contain things from those 2 questions anyway so I don't think it's needed since you'll just be repeating yourself. Unless it specifically asks for one, then I would send one. Most of the graduate applications I sent off did not require one.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Your cover letter would contain things from those 2 questions anyway so I don't think it's needed since you'll just be repeating yourself. Unless it specifically asks for one, then I would send one. Most of the graduate applications I sent off did not require one.

Thank you. That's what I thought. Just wasn't sure whether a cover letter would be expected or not.

On the 'attachments' tab where it prompts you to attach any relevant documents, it says 'e.g. Resume, cover letter, transcripts, references'...
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending