The Student Room Group

The Class of 2017: GCSE’s

Bit late to this tbh. Just thought I’d bring the people who sat the 2017 GCSE’s, and share the anger and frustrations of them😂 feel free to share you’re experience. I hope you all are now happy after that horrific ordeal (it was for me at least anyway) 💜

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's a GCSE?
Original post by M4cc4n4
What's a GCSE?

important exams that you take around the summer period of year 11.
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
important exams that you take around the summer period of year 11.

Where do you hide them.
Original post by M4cc4n4
Where do you hide them.

are you a troll?
still can't get over how ridiculous the b1,b2,b3 biology paper was (ps i did ocr gateway higher)
Reply 6
Thread moved to GCSEs
Reply 7
Original post by entertainmyfaith
are you a troll?

You need somewhere safe to store the Certificates that you will get at at Prize Giving Ceremony
that dumb rectangle with the ****ing circles in it drove me mad
Reply 9
Original post by yepitsanne
still can't get over how ridiculous the b1,b2,b3 biology paper was (ps i did ocr gateway higher)

I did AQA biology, ours were ridiculous as well! Managed to get an A though🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by ef_
I did AQA biology, ours were ridiculous as well! Managed to get an A though🤷🏼*♀️

i kept on seeing tweets about the aqa bio paper and the memes were definitely the highlight of my GCSEs
Really annoyed about the poem that come up for aqa english literature and the questions.All the questions that come up I never practiced or looked at.I managed to get an 8 overall.The teachers said it will be easy as it is the first yet and they were wrong.Maths also annoyed me as barely any surds come up and they were different than the specimen papers.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Really annoyed about the poem that come up for aqa english literature and the questions.All the questions that come up I never practiced or looked at.I managed to get an 8 overall.The teachers said it will be easy as it is the first yet and they were wrong.Maths also annoyed me as barely any surds come up and they were different than the specimen papers.

I did AQA Eng Lit too, I did Love and Relationships and I never managed to fully revise for the poem that came up. Which of the two anthologies did you do?
Original post by yepitsanne
I did AQA Eng Lit too, I did Love and Relationships and I never managed to fully revise for the poem that came up. Which of the two anthologies did you do?

power and conflict.
CLASS OF 2017 REPRESENT

I got a 7 in maths and english so im set, and screw art and edexhell aqaids and oc.rap, I burnt my art coursework and supplies and my english texts CLEANSE YOURSELF BROTHERS & SISTERS! Were free from the rancid cesspit of **** that is secondary education!

Lmao @borborygmus did you see when edexcel were being sly c**nts and made us work out the circumference of a circle using a square in the next paper after don't know what they were smokin but i need some of that after trying to work out why that whiny little bch, Rosabelle was so bothered about the red haired girl complimenting her hat in english. Like just take the compliment.
gcses were my awakening as a clutch master in exams
i did virtually no revision for english lit, flicked through macbeth and made some notes on a postit 2 hours before the exam in the school cafeteria
got a 9 in english literature

for a levels this is not a strategy i can quite replicate :')
Original post by Popsiclez
CLASS OF 2017 REPRESENT

I got a 7 in maths and english so im set, and screw art and edexhell aqaids and oc.rap, I burnt my art coursework and supplies and my english texts CLEANSE YOURSELF BROTHERS & SISTERS! Were free from the rancid cesspit of **** that is secondary education!

Lmao @borborygmus did you see when edexcel were being sly c**nts and made us work out the circumference of a circle using a square in the next paper after don't know what they were smokin but i need some of that after trying to work out why that whiny little bch, Rosabelle was so bothered about the red haired girl complimenting her hat in english. Like just take the compliment.

true i was reading the extract and was thinking like get the **** over it, but apparently the extract was meant to be the girls sexual fantasy??? what the **** did they make me read that for??? i was so mad

also i chucked every resource in huge plastic bin bags and threw them away it felt so great i felt free but now theres a levels :angry:

cant wait to see how they screw us over in these exams
Original post by Anonymous1502

its actually a joke how they tried to get us to memorise fifteen poems and their annotations
Original post by borborygmus
that dumb rectangle with the ****ing circles in it drove me mad

No way lol. I looked at it for 5 minutes and got it in the last 2 minutes. Barely finished writing the last sentence to sum up my calculations before the invigilator ripped the paper from my hands xD

Although still so pissed how I was 1 mark off a 7 in English Language and an 8 in English Literature. And people who did worse than me ended up getting 8s and 9s
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
No way lol. I looked at it for 5 minutes and got it in the last 2 minutes. Barely finished writing the last sentence to sum up my calculations before the invigilator ripped the paper from my hands xD

Although still so pissed how I was 1 mark off a 7 in English Language and an 8 in English Literature. And people who did worse than me ended up getting 8s and 9s

sucks bro, did you get those papers remarked?? also to this day i still dont know how to answer that maths question, which is worrying since i take both maths and further maths, i should know this **** by now!

Quick Reply

Latest