The Student Room Group

Residential category

Please help me determine my residential category for UCAS!

I was born and raised in India, am an Indian citizen. I was in the UK for almost 1.5 years in 2017-18, but then had moved back to my country. In 2022, I moved to the UK again and am completing BOTH years of sixth form. I have a residence permit. Would i be 'settled in the UK' or just 'other'?

Thank you in advance.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Complicated. It would hinge on aspects such as why you / your parents were overseas, and where your 'normal residence' is, on what basis you were granted ILR etc. It doesnt matter which category you pick - if the Uni(s) dont agree with you, or simply are not sure, they will send you a Fee questionnaire to complete with more details.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Complicated. It would hinge on aspects such as why you / your parents were overseas, and where your 'normal residence' is, on what basis you were granted ILR etc. It doesnt matter which category you pick - if the Uni(s) dont agree with you, or simply are not sure, they will send you a Fee questionnaire to complete with more details.

Thank you for your reply! I actually do not have an ILR right now. Maybe 'other' is the best option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending