The Student Room Group

Let’s all aim for grades 7-9!!

Hi, I am in Year 11 and want to achieve good grades in the GCSES as I would like to attend a Russell Group University to study Medicine or Engineering. I am predicted grade 7’s in all of my subjects and have already achieved some in my Year 10 mocks. I have Year 11 mocks in December and have been revising 2-3 each day and plan to achieve 7’s and 8’s in these exams.

Subjects I take:

Maths (Higher)
Triple Science
English Language
English Literature
Geography
Computer Science
French
RS

List your subjects and target grades and let’s motivate each other to achieve those top grades !!

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm just taking Maths GCSE this year, so yep my goal is a grade 9.
i’m kinda similar to you except i’m in year 10 so no gcses this year!

i’m aiming for 9’s in...
spanish
RE
biology
chemistry
physics

8’s in
PE
history
geography
english lit
english lang

and a 7/8 in maths :smile:
I did GCSEs last year and I advise that you make sure that your revision is consistent and start as early as possible. Good luck
Hii :biggrin:

We do the same subjects except you do Computer Science as well. I'm also in year 11 and aiming for medicine.

I'm aiming for:
English Language = 8
English Literature = 8
Maths = 9
Biology = 8
Chemistry = 8
Physics = 8
Geography = 8
French = 8
Religious Studies = 8

Good luck dude.
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Maths- 5
History - 6
Art photography - 7
Media- Distinction
Business- Distinction
Science - I'm not quite sure as to what my predicted as i was on higher but moved onto foundation and am now back on higher and obviously there's different predicted grades for that. But I am hoping to get at least a 7, and hoping to get at least a 6 in maths
Reply 6
Original post by Nikey

We do the same subjects except you do Computer Science as well. I'm also in year 11 and aiming for medicine.

I'm aiming for:
English Language = 8
English Literature = 8
Maths = 9
Biology = 8
Chemistry = 8
Physics = 8
Geography = 8
French = 8
Religious Studies = 8

Good luck dude.

Oh right man. Thanks for that and good luck to you also. How have you been revising? I’ve been making notes and reading mostly.
Reply 7
Original post by emilyyytaylorr
English Lang - 6
English Lit - 6
Maths- 5
History - 6
Art photography - 7
Media- Distinction
Business- Distinction
Science - I'm not quite sure as to what my predicted as i was on higher but moved onto foundation and am now back on higher and obviously there's different predicted grades for that. But I am hoping to get at least a 7, and hoping to get at least a 6 in maths

Hi, if you are achieving those now in mocks, then you can smash them in the real thing ! Good luck.
Bro I'm doing most of your subjects (including RE and CS) are you on aqa for CS?
Reply 9
Original post by clouddbubbles
i’m kinda similar to you except i’m in year 10 so no gcses this year!

i’m aiming for 9’s in...
spanish
RE
biology
chemistry
physics

8’s in
PE
history
geography
english lit
english lang

and a 7/8 in maths :smile:

Hi, just make sure you are understanding everything in class as you go and revise for those topic tests. Good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by New_to_tsr
Bro I'm doing most of your subjects (including RE and CS) are you on aqa for CS?

Hey man my Computer Science board is OCR and my RE is Educas.
Reply 11
Original post by Medoahmed1708
I did GCSEs last year and I advise that you make sure that your revision is consistent and start as early as possible. Good luck

Thanks man. How did you find them and do you have any tips to help us out?
Original post by Amann789
Hi, I am in Year 11 and want to achieve good grades in the GCSES as I would like to attend a Russell Group University to study Medicine or Engineering. I am predicted grade 7’s in all of my subjects and have already achieved some in my Year 10 mocks. I have Year 11 mocks in December and have been revising 2-3 each day and plan to achieve 7’s and 8’s in these exams.

Subjects I take:

Maths (Higher)
Triple Science
English Language
English Literature
Geography
Computer Science
French
RS

List your subjects and target grades and let’s motivate each other to achieve those top grades !!

Thanks

Why not aim for all 9s because even if you don't get it you'll still get pretty high
My predictions on my grades(realistic)
English Language-8 hopefully got a 7 in year 10
English Literature-9 i love the subject but I am really aiming for an 8 since its unclear what a 9 is
History-9 I got 2 marks of full marks on germany and medicine mocks as long as i do that for the other two units i should be good.
Maths-Probably my hardest subject so I'm predicting a 7 i want to get and 8 but i just don't have the ability to problem solve
Chemistry- 8
Biology-8
Physics-9
R.S-Unsure hard to revise for but hopefully i will pull through and get a 7
German-9 I have german half of the family which really helps
Reply 13
Original post by HN786
Why not aim for all 9s because even if you don't get it you'll still get pretty high
My predictions on my grades(realistic)
English Language-8 hopefully got a 7 in year 10
English Literature-9 i love the subject but I am really aiming for an 8 since its unclear what a 9 is
History-9 I got 2 marks of full marks on germany and medicine mocks as long as i do that for the other two units i should be good.
Maths-Probably my hardest subject so I'm predicting a 7 i want to get and 8 but i just don't have the ability to problem solve
Chemistry- 8
Biology-8
Physics-9
R.S-Unsure hard to revise for but hopefully i will pull through and get a 7
German-9 I have german half of the family which really helps

That’s good that you have some language help man. Yeah I’m thinking minimum 7’s and I will try to aim for 9’s but it’s unclear in certain subjects like you said. Have you started revising?
Reply 14
Original post by Purdy7
I'm just taking Maths GCSE this year, so yep my goal is a grade 9.

Oh right, is that a retake? Good luck anyways!
That’s good that you have some language help man. Yeah I’m thinking minimum 7’s and I will try to aim for 9’s but it’s unclear in certain subjects like you said. Have you started revising?

Yeah started revising. Lol yeah everyone gets angry in class about the languages. I would easily get a 5. P.s. do you do r.s.
Original post by Nikey

I'm aiming for:
English Language = 8
English Literature = 8
Maths = 9
Biology = 8
Chemistry = 8
Physics = 8
Geography = 8
French = 8
Religious Studies = 8

Good luck dude.

Do you do aqa re
Reply 17
Original post by HN786
Yeah started revising. Lol yeah everyone gets angry in class about the languages. I would easily get a 5. P.s. do you do r.s.

Yeah I do RS, the exam board is Educas for me.
Oh right man. Thanks for that and good luck to you also. How have you been revising? I’ve been making notes and reading mostly.

I just write a load of questions in a notebook and then repeatedly test myself. Also use a few flashcards and read through CGP guides. I find explaining things to people and teaching them makes stuff stick in my head too.
Original post by HN786
Do you do aqa re

Yeah

Quick Reply

Latest