The Student Room Group

Dmitri Mendeleev

What school did he go to? On google it came up with lots of different ones. Also, what did he study?

Need it for my homework and can't find one answer. I am probably just bad at researching though :P
(edited 6 years ago)
He mainly studied the periodic law in which Mendeleev also arranged the elements known at the time in order of relative atomic mass, but he did some other things that made his table much more successful.

I don’t exactly know the school he studied at, really sorry, but hope this helped a bit!
Original post by rummaysiauddin
He mainly studied the periodic law in which Mendeleev also arranged the elements known at the time in order of relative atomic mass, but he did some other things that made his table much more successful.

I don’t exactly know the school he studied at, really sorry, but hope this helped a bit!

Thanks for that :smile:
Original post by Bill Nye
What school did he go to? On google it came up with lots of different ones. Also, what did he study?

After Wikipedia, he went to the grammar school in Tobolsk from 1841 till 1849 and began to study in Saint Petersburg in 1850 where he applied hisself to study chemistry and mineralogy.
Original post by Kallisto
After Wikipedia, he went to the grammar school in Tobolsk from 1841 till 1849 and began to study in Saint Petersburg in 1850 where he applied hisself to study chemistry and mineralogy.

So he studied chemistry and mineralogy at st Petersburg main pedagogical institute?
Does anyone know when he performed his research that resulted in the periodic table?

I can only find when it was published.

Original post by rummaysiauddin

So he studied chemistry and mineralogy at st Petersburg main pedagogical institute?

After what Wikipedia said, yes.

Does anyone know when he performed his research that resulted in the periodic table?

I can only find when it was published.

The same source, Wikipedia, said that he has begun with his works and effords on periodic table in 1867, soon after he became a full professor at the univeristy of Saint Petersburg.

May I ask you why it is so important to know those stages of life in Mendeleev's career as chemist?
After what Wikipedia said, yes.

The same source, Wikipedia, said that he has begun with his works and effords on periodic table in 1867, soon after he became a full professor at the univeristy of Saint Petersburg.

May I ask you why it is so important to know those stages of life in Mendeleev's career as chemist?

Ooooh. It was my science homework - had to pretend we were him and write an auto biography, couldn't find things like what school he went to / what he studied.

Quick Reply

Latest