The Student Room Group

Marine Biology Applicants -2018

Hello!!! Just wondering is anyone applying to Marine Biology for 2018 Sept??

I have applied to Hull, Newcastle, Swansea, Portsmouth and Bangor.

My predicted are BBC but I did well in my GCSEs, Newcastle may seem to be a low chance so fingers crossed! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelseymansum
Hello!!! Just wondering is anyone applying to Marine Biology for 2018 Sept??

I have applied to Hull, Newcastle, Swansea, Portsmouth and Bangor.

My predicted are BBC but I did well in my GCSEs, Newcastle may seem to be a low chance so fingers crossed! :smile:

The general thread is here :smile:
Hello! I applied for:

Marine Bio MSc at Southampton
Marine bio and oceanography Bsc at Southampton
Marine bio at Plymouth
Marine bio and oceanography at Plymouth Marine bio at Exeter

Heard from all with acceptance offers except Exeter.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
??
Original post by ellen_parry99
Hello! I applied for:

Marine Bio MSc at Southampton
Marine bio and oceanography Bsc at Southampton
Marine bio at Plymouth
Marine bio and oceanography at Plymouth Marine bio at Exeter

Heard from all with acceptance offers except Exeter.

I applied for:

Marine Bio MSci at Southampton
Marine Bio and Oceanography Bsc at Southampton
Marine Bio at Plymouth
Marine Bio at Exeter (Msci and Bsc)

What were your offers? I just submitted my application the other day so I haven't heard back yet.
Original post by mandmdye
??I applied for:

Marine Bio at Plymouth

What were your offers? I just submitted my application the other day so I haven't heard back yet.

128 Ucas points from both courses at Plymouth.
AAB for the masters at Southampton
ABB for the Bsc marine bio and oceanography

I got both from Plymouth the day after and Southampton took just over a week.
Reply 5
128 Ucas points from both courses at Plymouth.
AAB for the masters at Southampton
ABB for the Bsc marine bio and oceanography

I got both from Plymouth the day after and Southampton took just over a week.

Congratulations! Which one is your first choice? The Southampton Msci program is my first choice.
Congratulations! Which one is your first choice? The Southampton Msci program is my first choice.

Thank you! I’m going to firm Southampton masters and insure the bachelors I think. So I’m not too bothered about hearing from Exeter if they reject me or accept me :smile:
Reply 7
Thank you! I’m going to firm Southampton masters and insure the bachelors I think. So I’m not too bothered about hearing from Exeter if they reject me or accept me :smile:

That is great! Hopefully, if I get into Southampton I will see you on campus. If all goes well, I was going firm Southampton and my insurance was Plymouth.
That is great! Hopefully, if I get into Southampton I will see you on campus. If all goes well, I was going firm Southampton and my insurance was Plymouth.

All the best! I thought about doing that but Because I did an EPQ Southampton can likely accept me if I didn’t meet the grades for the bachelors...
Reply 9
All the best! I thought about doing that but Because I did an EPQ Southampton can likely accept me if I didn’t meet the grades for the bachelors...

I was really impressed with Southampton's facilities, but I also like Plymouth's professional diving course. I would honestly be very happy at all three Universities (Southampton, Exeter or Plymouth) but for different reasons. Congratulations again :smile:
Hi there
I have applied to newcastle, Bangor, Exeter, St. Andrews and Essex. I have received offers from Bangor and Newcastle
Original post by Thunderheart5
Hi there
I have applied to newcastle, Bangor, Exeter, St. Andrews and Essex. I have received offers from Bangor and Newcastle

That is awesome! Congratulations! What is your first choice?

Since my first post, I received offers from Southampton, Exeter and Plymouth for all of the programs I applied for. I received the offers about a week after I submitted my application (if anyone is interested in how long it took the Universities to review my application and are waiting for responses to their own applications). I didn't check UCAS for a week after I submitted my application because I was away on a school trip. I know it is nerve-wracking waiting for a response, so I was trying not to think about it while I was away!
That is awesome! Congratulations! What is your first choice?

Since my first post, I received offers from Southampton, Exeter and Plymouth for all of the programs I applied for. I received the offers about a week after I submitted my application (if anyone is interested in how long it took the Universities to review my application and are waiting for responses to their own applications). I didn't check UCAS for a week after I submitted my application because I was away on a school trip. I know it is nerve-wracking waiting for a response, so I was trying not to think about it while I was away!

So far my first choice is Newcastle, even though I got the same offer of grades from Bangor and Newcastle, but Bangor wanted an A in biology
Original post by Thunderheart5
So far my first choice is Newcastle, even though I got the same offer of grades from Bangor and Newcastle, but Bangor wanted an A in biology

My first choice is Southampton's Msci program, but Exter's offer was a bit harder. Southampton wanted 17 points total for my 3 HL IB subjects, but Exeter wanted 6,6,6 = 18 points for my HL IB subjects. Both wanted 34 IB points overall. I was more worried about Southampton's offer when I applied because I really like their facilities and program.

Good luck with Newcastle! I have heard Bangor's program is really good too, but I didn't get a chance to visit there.
Reply 14
Hi I applied for
Marine Bio at south Hampton
Marine bio at Liverpool
Marine bio and oceanography at Liverpool
Marine bio at Plymouth
Marine bio at Swansea
I have now received all 5 offers:

Plymouth marine bio ABB
Plymouth marine bio and oceanography ABB
Southampton bsc marine bio and oceanography ABB
Southampton msc marine bio AAB
Exeter bsc marine bio AAB
I firmed Newcastle and insured Portsmouth:smile:)

??

I applied for:

Marine Bio at Plymouth

I firmed Newcastle :smile:
I have now received all 5 offers:

Plymouth marine bio ABB
Plymouth marine bio and oceanography ABB
Southampton bsc marine bio and oceanography ABB
Southampton msc marine bio AAB
Exeter bsc marine bio AAB

That is awesome! Congratulations! Well done :smile:
Reply 19
Hi!

I applied for :
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Bangor
Heriot-Watt
Newcastle

I've received unconditional offers for the first 4 and a conditional for Newcastle (AAB)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending