The Student Room Group

How much do you spend on food per week?

Simple as the title, how much do you usually spend on food each week? Whether that be grocery shopping, restaurants, or otherwise, what's your average budget? :yum:
Original post by shadowdweller
Simple as the title, how much do you usually spend on food each week? Whether that be grocery shopping, restaurants, or otherwise, what's your average budget? :yum:

First-year uni, average for me is probably about 18 pounds p/w? I don't drink or eat out.
My wife and I spend about $80 at the supermarket and another $40 or so eating out. We eat a lot of meat.
I am trying not to exceed the limit of 10 each week, sometimes I even spend more than 20 €.

Original post by Sabertooth
My wife and I spend about $80 at the supermarket and another $40 or so eating out. We eat a lot of meat.

Could it be that I am not the only one who is paying foods out of Britain? British don't pay with dollars as a current...
Original post by Kallisto
I am trying not to exceed the limit of 10 each week, sometimes I even spend more than 20 €.

Could it be that I am not the only one who is paying foods out of Britain? British don't pay with dollars as a current...

Correct, I don't live in Britain. :smile: Where'd you live? How on earth do you only aim to spend 10 a week?? :eek:
(edited 6 years ago)
Around £20 a week. But I do a big shop once a month and probably spend around £30.
About £100 every 2/3 weeks for me and my partner and sometimes his daughter, then a takeaway/fast food probably once a week
about £60 per week
Correct, I don't live in Britain. :smile: Where'd you live? How on earth do you only aim to spend 10 a week?? :eek:

I am living in Germany. Are you an American?

At work I have lunchtime and the option to eat foods in a centeen for free. I just spend money for foods, if it is really needed or I am pleased to cook on weekend days. :smile:
Reply 9
£80 a week at asda
Original post by Kallisto
I am living in Germany. Are you an American?

At work I have lunchtime and the option to eat foods in a centeen for free. I just spend money for foods, if it is really needed or I am pleased to cook on weekend days. :smile:

East or West? :wink:

Nah, I just live in the US. :smile:

I guess 10 euros just for weekends isn't quite as difficult to do. Pretty sweet job you must have if you get that much food for free everyday! I only have an egg-mayonnaise sandwich and a yogurt for lunch everyday but the cost still builds up. :tongue:
Average about £60 a week for a family of 4
East or West? :wink:

(...)

Neither one thing nor the other! I am a North German. I would be a West, if the GDR would still exist. :wink:
£35 a week to cover me for everything in a week
in the first few weeks I only spent around £10-15 on grocery shopping but recently I've been spending around £25 since I need so much stuff now lmao. There probably around an extra £10-15 a week if you count restaurants etc
£50 on me and my husband , can be less if we don't buy lunch out.
About £20! First start at the pound shop, then Lidl, then B&M, then Asda :biggrin: on top of that, I have a shameful amount of takeaways
I don't shop every week, but maybe £40 every fortnight-ish?
£20-£30 a week. Me and my boyfriend go out to eat like maybe twice a month or we'll get a takeaway in but it's never too extravagant.
spent about >£10 this week

Quick Reply

Latest