The Student Room Group

Should i repair my iPhone SE at apple?

Ever since I repaired my cracked phone at a regular phone shop store, it began suffering a variety of issues. The phone keeps restarting soon after I turn it on, the phone charges but it is not regulated (i.e, the percentage bar fluctuates) and itunes doesnt work (to which i believe is because of iOS11) . I told the guy who had replaced my screen the issue. he just said its not the screen thats the issue. So i went to this other phone shop which has better reviews and he had run an inspection on my phone and told me that that its the internal component which is damaged. My plan is to get it fixed for £60 in hopes of it also resolving the restart issue, if not then i will pay ~£30 more for a new screen and install it myself. OR should i just get it fixed at apple?

What will the cost be at apple? and what are the risks of buying another screen?
U can repair the screen on ur own, but only thing is you could have problems down the line with the touchscreen.
Original post by N/A IS THE NAME
U can repair the screen on ur own, but only thing is you could have problems down the line with the touchscreen.

Would those problems be simply because of me being inexperienced ?
Yes or the screen replacement not being an original
Original post by AbelTesfaye_isMJ
Ever since I repaired my cracked phone at a regular phone shop store, it began suffering a variety of issues. The phone keeps restarting soon after I turn it on, the phone charges but it is not regulated (i.e, the percentage bar fluctuates) and itunes doesnt work (to which i believe is because of iOS11) . I told the guy who had replaced my screen the issue. he just said its not the screen thats the issue. So i went to this other phone shop which has better reviews and he had run an inspection on my phone and told me that that its the internal component which is damaged. My plan is to get it fixed for £60 in hopes of it also resolving the restart issue, if not then i will pay ~£30 more for a new screen and install it myself. OR should i just get it fixed at apple?

What will the cost be at apple? and what are the risks of buying another screen?

Hi there! :wavey:

This thread should be in the Mobile phones forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :h:

I'd probably take it to an "authorised" Apple repairer.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Hi there! :wavey:

This thread should be in the Mobile phones forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :h:

I'd probably take it to an "authorised" Apple repairer.

How much would apple charge? and thanks
How much would apple charge? and thanks

u might as well buy another iphone se, prices would be high FOR REPAIR. Argos have a great deal on iPhone SE!
Original post by James2138
u might as well buy another iphone se, prices would be high FOR REPAIR. Argos have a great deal on iPhone SE!

That might be an option if the repair price is ridiculosly high (<250). other than that, i would like to salvage my phone as it will be a pain to transfer all my documents and downloaded iTunes music
i think you would be better off buying a new iphone SE, try hunting for some good deals, apple can be insane with their repair prices, but you can just go and ask how much they would charge. Try to get a warranty in the future! :smile: Good luck
That might be an option if the repair price is ridiculosly high (<250). other than that, i would like to salvage my phone as it will be a pain to transfer all my documents and downloaded iTunes music

If you are confident, get a used logic board of ebay???
Reply 10
Apple make their phones really hard to repair for the average person, this actually increases their revenue.

Hello there.

I've checked the Apple website for you, their repair without warranty is around £137. If that is within your price range, surely you could go to apple as they would fix it properly?

Best Wishes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending