The Student Room Group

Anyone know companies that sell bulk mobiles? (N96's or iPhones)

I am looking to buy a batch load of top of the range phones. I have looked on the net for companies but so far the ones i have found are scams.

I am looking to sell them on ebay and in the local paper, because i know the price of these phones is good ... if they are new.

Anyone got any links? I don't know how to go about getting a wholesale account with these bug wholesalers as i dont have a business.

Thanks
Reply 1
I think you will struggle, as most phones are sold directly to the network operator, and sold on from there (as far as I am aware). Apple have actually put an embargo on bulk-buying of iPhones, and even gone to the extent of saying "1 per person" and refusing to take cash! The problem that you have is that most bulk buyers buy the phones to unlock them, and sell them on, meaning that operators have shut down legal methods, which bothers you, not the unlockers.

I would advise that you find a different "get rich quick" scheme.
I have done my research on this. I registered on a wholesale forum. Alot of people are recommending this: http://www.iphones-2u.com/store/product.php?productid=26072&cat=0&page=1

I am tempted to buy it. The members on this forum recommend it. Its a large price but apparently you get your money back quickly. There are contacts on the list that are UK based and allow you to pay and collect in cash, in person.

Hmm. Im tempted. N96's and iPhones sell like crazy. And after speaking with some people buying iPhones and N96's is easy. The people i spoke with are members with over a thousand posts and have seller accounts on the forum, so i trust them. They also said their spending 20k a month on stock and they only sell on ebay. Amazing.
You can't sell iPhones?! You'd have to sell a contract as well, surely.
A Stranger in Moscow
You can't sell iPhones?! You'd have to sell a contract as well, surely.

sim free iphones. u can buy and sell them.
Reply 5
cascadingstylez
sim free iphones. u can buy and sell them.

Firstly, technically no iPhones are SIM free because they all come with a built-in SIM. They are, however, sold at retail without a contract, and the SIM only becomes active when you sign up through iTunes.

However, iPhones are only available in limited quantities at retail, so buying in bulk is hard, and you're not going to get a discount for doing so. If you were to buy in the US it might be cheaper on the face of it, but then you'd legally have to pay import duty and so forth, so I can't see how it makes any sense.
snu
Firstly, technically no iPhones are SIM free because they all come with a built-in SIM. They are, however, sold at retail without a contract, and the SIM only becomes active when you sign up through iTunes.

However, iPhones are only available in limited quantities at retail, so buying in bulk is hard, and you're not going to get a discount for doing so. If you were to buy in the US it might be cheaper on the face of it, but then you'd legally have to pay import duty and so forth, so I can't see how it makes any sense.

So then how come the guys i'm speaking to are selling them in batches of 10 and 50? I can understand what your saying but when people are selling them in bulk quantities its obviously possible.

If i had the cash now i could go to Nottingham and pick a batch up, and pay in cash. If i buy them in a batch of 10 i will be paying £290 for 16gb ones. The easily sell for £370+ on ebay.

If you order from a trusted distro in Hong Kong (which is probably where this guy got his from) you can get them alot cheaper.

Trust me. Its possible. How do you think people on eBay have quanitites of 20? And are selling them Sim Free and unlocked?

This guy, who had 10: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-UNLOCKED-APPLE-IPHONE-16GB-V1-1-4-ANY-NETWORK_W0QQitemZ280224514864QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

iPhones-2u had 20 on their account. Cant find the account though.

Its just going to cost me around £3000 for 10 of them. I will make a minimum of £500 profit because iPhones are top sellers. Its just many people (including myself atm) can't afford that sort of cash and don't know where to get them from.
Reply 7
Actually after ebay and paypal fees you're more likely to make £350 for the 10 than £500.
Yeah after you minus the fees. £350 is a good profit though, and they would sell rather quick. I could also list them in local papers and bargin pages, get rid of them quicker.
Reply 9
Actually read that forum Pail says he has so many good reviews from and learn that branded goods are not the way to go ... this is coming from people who have decades of experience but if you do ever make alot from branded electronic goods do let me know :wink:
Reply 10
Try IncTablet

inctablet.co.uk

huge volume of iPads and iphones bulk
Original post by cascadingstylez
I am looking to buy a batch load of top of the range phones. I have looked on the net for companies but so far the ones i have found are scams.

I am looking to sell them on ebay and in the local paper, because i know the price of these phones is good ... if they are new.

Anyone got any links? I don't know how to go about getting a wholesale account with these bug wholesalers as i dont have a business.

Thanks

as a legitimate business with a line of credit there are a number of organisations which will sell you phones wholsesale
Original post by snu

irrelevant if you are busines customer buying through a B2B channel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending