The Student Room Group

Is reed.co.uk legit?

So I was looking for accredited online courses and found this one course in business management on reed provided by Inspire London College. It normally costs 595 but there's 87% off on reed.

Not gonna lie 87% off makes me wanna pay the fee now and just start studying, but I'm thinking it may be a scam. Has anyone used reed before? Or should I get the course through Inspire London College's website and pay the full fee?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Patrixon
So I was looking for accredited online courses and found this one course in business management on reed provided by Inspire London College. It normally costs 595 but there's 87% off on reed.

Not gonna lie 87% off makes me wanna pay the fee now and just start studying, but I'm thinking it may be a scam. Has anyone used reed before? Or should I get the course through Inspire London College's website and pay the full fee?

Reed as an organisation is legit.

No idea about London college.

The 87% off how does that compare to others people offering the course? It might be a very inflated price. Do some research and see if theres any feedback on London college.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Reed as an organisation is legit.

No idea about London college.

The 87% off how does that compare to others people offering the course? It might be a very inflated price. Do some research and see if theres any feedback on London college.

Well I can't find many reviews about Inspire London College (ILC). They do exist because the company is registered with companieshouse since 2013, but I can't find any feedback about their courses. On their website they say they deliver fully accredited qualification by Ofqual and that they do it since last year. The price (595) looks legit comparing to others as it is quite long course (it lasts 360 hours) and 87% off is only available on reed.
Well I can't find many reviews about Inspire London College (ILC). They do exist because the company is registered with companieshouse since 2013, but I can't find any feedback about their courses. On their website they say they deliver fully accredited qualification by Ofqual and that they do it since last year. The price (595) looks legit comparing to others as it is quite long course (it lasts 360 hours) and 87% off is only available on reed.

Do your research. Pay with a credit card.
Reply 4

Look up the course and find the provider, contact them and ask about it.
Google things like "Reed Inspire London College scam" to check there are no negative reviews or reports of it being a scam.
Make sore you pay with something that gives you protection if it is a scam (I think credit card or paypal do- check though).
Reply 5
I have been looking today. Did you find iut if it was a scam?
Reply 6
Original post by TinaK85
I have been looking today. Did you find iut if it was a scam?

Nope, didn't find any evidence of ILC being a scam. Moreover, they actually offer campus-based courses and you can google their location, so I think it's safe to assume they're legit. I didn't sign up for their course, though. I'm looking for online courses for which I can get UCAS points, atm.
Reply 7
Hi,I signed up for 2 courses today from two different colleges, St Pauls College and Janets. Janets course material arrived first, HR Bookkeeping
Reply 8
Hi,

I signed up for 2 courses today from two different colleges, St Pauls College and Janets. Janets course material arrived first, HR Bookkeeping & Payroll. The course was dotted by sales videos as course material lifted from Youtube. One of the videos was actually trying to sell me another accountancy firm??? So i decided to continue through the written word, the course work is all american. It refers to W4 fors, IRS etc etc. I contacted Janets who apologised for sending the wrong course and informed me that to check on my account later and they would upload the correct course. I received an email stating the course had been uploaded. They have literally taken the same documents and just changed the US version to UK. Still refers in part to US forms and IRS, videos are in dollars. I have just now check the address and it turns out it is a virtual address in London and another 3613 companies use the same address. On receiving the course from St Pauls College (sounds legit) the same thing is going on. All US material with attached videos from YouTube which are sales videos. Again checked the address and this is also a virtual address. I don't know how Reed are getting away with this. Needless to say I will be getting my money back tomorrow. No doubt the diploma's will be worthless (bit like becoming an online preacher). These are not legit course. Stay away, save your money and study on YouTube for the same qualification.
No reed is not a scam. I took a few courses on reed and they gave me a certificate with a hologram. You don't get much tutor support though, you have to be confident that you can self teach the subject you are taking a course in as there is a massive wait for your queries to be answered. There are video lectures, course materials, coursework and multiple choice exams. It's not going to get you a fully recognised degree but they are excellent value for money. You have to be REALLY motivated as these courses will likely have high dropout rates. If you want a fully recognised degree that has the same respect as a campus course, go to the open university.
Reply 10
its a scam on reed.co.uk...do not enroll in any of the courses on reed.uk..I have paid and now I am repenting
Abc accreditation is not accepted by universities...i don't know about employers
Just registered for a course with Inspire London College, recived my online portal name and password etc all looks ok so fare, but will keep you all updated if anything changes!
Just started a L7 course in Operations Management with Inspire London College and all seems ok so fare, I have received my online user portal link, like user name, password and it seems legit! But will keep you updated if anything changes as there is plenty cowboys around that know how to make things look nice but in reality things maybe well different :smile:
Reply 14
Hi Buddy all courses are excellent for the knowledge /practical use-All courses are legally recognised all over the world as long as they are accredited /endorsed by CPD (Continuous professional development Body). Most of courses are CPD recognised .So please go on and enroll for the course as it is subsidised too/Low cost . Good luck.Parminder singh

Latest

Trending

Trending