The Student Room Group

Learn Direct Access Course

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience applying to un with a learn direct access course in engineering. Do Universities accept this access course?
Original post by anonymousedf1
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience applying to un with a learn direct access course in engineering. Do Universities accept this access course?

Hi

I teach on an Access to HE program, I am not familiar with the Learn Direct one but I can give you some tips.

The key thing is that a provider and the pathway is validated by an awarding body, in the North West of England it is a company called Open Awards, this also means that a quality body oversee's that the program meets a high academic standard by the QAA (a bit like Ofsted). It will be on their website somewhere.

Engineering is easier to get into than my area which is Nursing and Midwifery, if you are ever unsure about any provider speak to the admissions tutor of the University/s you want to go too after Access and ask if they would accept that program. Engineering is reasonably straight forward, some area's are a bit confusing particularly science as some learners want to do chemistry, physics or biology and there access program doesn't always match up

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending