The Student Room Group

Did I muck things up?

Okay so basically I applied for a part time job at a bakery since I'm at uni and they asked for my CV so I sent it in but I adapted my CV for the role then a few days later I applied for a job at like an arts and crafts retailer so I sent in a different CV (basically the same one except I adapted it to the job so talked about creativity etc.) But then apparently my CV is on my profile so when the bakery place look at my CV will they see the one I sent them originally or will they see the one I tweaked to fit the arts and crafts sales job?? I'm kinda panicking since I haven't done this before, yeah I know I'm only in 1st year but most people have already got jobs
Unclear how you applied to either job, how the CV was shared, which "profile" the CV is on, and whether that is visible to anyone anyway. As all of those will change the outcome potentially.

I suspect your average employer isn't going to go trawling through your reed.co.uk profile or whatever to see what you have on there, and will just look at the submitted application materials.
(edited 6 months ago)
It's on indeed
Reply 3
Original post by DispiritedDream
It's on indeed

The fact you adapted your CV for a part time job is fantastic - I've advised many people in the past and most don't realise that you should always try to adapt your CV by emphasising how your skills fit that particular role. As long as you haven't lied (about qualifications, for instance), I don't think employers will be concerned and probably won't have the time to investigate your 'alternative' CV. In the future, however, if and when you are looking for a permanent role, employers might be concerned if you are applying for very different jobs, and quote many different skills (employers can be quite rigid in their thinking!), but for now, not a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending