The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hero_Lou
where are you from?😱😱😱😱😱 I'm over-stressing

Lincolnshire, England - perhaps they’ve just forgotten about me 😢 Wouldn’t stress too much though, we did the exam, we have print outs of our results on the day and the Unis would contact us if they were like “yeah sorry they lost your UKCAT” try not to worry yourself, although easier said than done I know 😉
Reply 61
Original post by iamlucy
Lincolnshire, England - perhaps they’ve just forgotten about me 😢 Wouldn’t stress too much though, we did the exam, we have print outs of our results on the day and the Unis would contact us if they were like “yeah sorry they lost your UKCAT” try not to worry yourself, although easier said than done I know 😉

ahh.. hope so.. EU student here😒 Where else did you apply if you dont mind?xx
ahh.. hope so.. EU student here😒 Where else did you apply if you dont mind?xx

Bristol of course 😉 KCL and Leeds - I also applied to BSMS but I regret deeply😂 and my fifth was Newcastle for biological sciences (which I got an unconditional for 🎉) You?xx
Reply 63
Original post by iamlucy
Bristol of course 😉 KCL and Leeds - I also applied to BSMS but I regret deeply😂 and my fifth was Newcastle for biological sciences (which I got an unconditional for 🎉) You?xx

Bristol bae🙈
Nottingham
Sheffield
Leicester
but I havent sent my 5th choice yet cause I'm still thinking😒 How did you manage to get an unconditional offer?😱 congrats❤️
(All the fee status stuff from Nott is because I'm not a British Citizen, even though I live here)

Oxford
Applied: 09/10/17
Acknowledgement: 10/10/17
Further Acknowledgement (+ details of interview dates): 23/10/17
Interview Offer: 28/11/17
Interview Dates: 10/12/17-11/12/17 (At St Hugh's and LMH)
Rejection: 10/01/18

King's College London
Fee Status Questionnaire Request: 15/11/17
Fee Status Confirmed: 20/11/17
Invitation for Interview: 21/11/17
Interview: 5/12/17 (No choice of dates)
Offer: 12/02/18 :

Cardiff
Acknowledgement: 11/10/17
Invitation for Interview Received: 13/11/17
Interview Booking Email: 15/11/17 (Could choose from 2 weeks of dates in December and 2 weeks of dates in January)
Interview: 14/12/17
Interview Feedback Questionnaire: 14/02/18

Nottingham
Fee Status Form Requested: 26/10/17
Fee Status Form Sent (to uni): 01/11/17
Fee Status Confirmed: 03/11/17
Rejection:15/01/18

Imperial (Medical Biosciences)
Applied: 23/10/17
Acknowledgement: 24/10/17

Stats

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Bristol bae🙈
Nottingham
Sheffield
Leicester
but I havent sent my 5th choice yet cause I'm still thinking😒 How did you manage to get an unconditional offer?😱 congrats❤️

Yassss prayers to Bristol 😉❤️ Basically I’m taking a gap year so I have all my GCSEs and A-levels so because I met the requirements it was unconditional! I’d recommend looking into Newcastle because they offer a transfer to medicine if you do a biology/chemistry based degree at the end of the first year! But otherwise just choose somewhere you’d happily do a 3 year degree!xx
Reply 66
Original post by iamlucy
Yassss prayers to Bristol 😉❤️ Basically I’m taking a gap year so I have all my GCSEs and A-levels so because I met the requirements it was unconditional! I’d recommend looking into Newcastle because they offer a transfer to medicine if you do a biology/chemistry based degree at the end of the first year! But otherwise just choose somewhere you’d happily do a 3 year degree!xx

Well I actually thought of it and I'm kind of concerned about the temperature at newcastle😂not that england is generally cold😂😂 but I'm not used to it and I also feel like it's too far away from the rest of the cities😏
hey guys! though I might as well join in :smile:

Imperial - acknowledged
UCL - acknowledged
Kings - acknowledged
St Georges - acknowledged
Kings(Biomed) - OFFER!!!

will update accordingly
if anyone would like to join a WhatsApp chat for medicine applicants 2018 entry, pm me :tongue:
Yes, I’ve just now received an email too! Thanks!
Original post by iamlucy
I’d recommend looking into Newcastle because they offer a transfer to medicine if you do a biology/chemistry based degree at the end of the first year!

Correction. A biomedical science based degree, excluding food, nutrition and sports and exercise . Only certain courses allow you to apply for the transfer.
Original post by Blazingphoenix
Correction. A biomedical science based degree, excluding food, nutrition and sports and exercise . Only certain courses allow you to apply for the transfer.

There’s always one being pedantic af 🙄😂 I was being vague because I’m pretty sure every person on the planet would check their website for more detailed information first 🤔😂😂
Has anyone receive an interview for med 2018 entry at any uni?
Original post by katerinam123

I know some people have rejections from Bristol but thats all I've heard
Original post by Actuvia

Thanks! This is stressful af

Original post by Actuvia

some people have also got interviews for Bristol
So does that mean we have to start preparing for interview now? I feel like it might be pointless because I might not receive any invitations for interview, but on th other hand if I leave it until I get invited for one I may not have enough Time to prepare...

People from my college have had interview offers from Bristol and UCLan so far
Original post by iamlucy
I was being vague because I’m pretty sure every person on the planet would check their website for more detailed information first

You'd be surprised. I know someone who applied thinking they were on a course that could transfer. They were wrong. Some medics I know can't even read their email properly before asking others for an answer they already have. So sorry if I feel that giving a straightforward answer is better.
Original post by Blazingphoenix
You'd be surprised. I know someone who applied thinking they were on a course that could transfer. They were wrong. Some medics I know can't even read their email properly before asking others for an answer they already have. So sorry if I feel that giving a straightforward answer is better.

Really?😭😂 Sorry I was probably being super stroppy with that last reply 😂 I can’t believe people wouldn’t check, wtf😂

Latest

Trending

Trending