The Student Room Group

Am I the smartest person on this forum?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatOldGuy
Call Mr. De Rosa by his real name! The man specialized in hypertopology in Cambridge and Oxford. He's a certified genius! He deserves that.

Excuse me sir, but...what even the bloody hell is hypertopology?
Original post by Salt Queen

"The Topology of Hyperspace". Basically, it's higher dimensional 'maps'. Mathematical. Really does take a lot of brilliance to do, but it's really obscure.

Topology, but more hyp.

Ask Marco De Rosa im certainly sure he would be aware what hypertopology is.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
Topology, but more hyp.

😄

"The Topology of Hyperspace". Basically, it's higher dimensional 'maps'. Mathematical. Really does take a lot of brilliance to do, but it's really obscure.

Oh. Right. 😐
I'm gonna Google hyperspace.

I know cyberspace. Lmao.
I'm gonna Google hyperspace.

I know cyberspace. Lmao.

You know how everything you see and experience is in 3 dimensions? Try to imagine a universe with more dimensions - We probably live in that universe and the 3 spatial dimensions we live in aren't all of reality - Not by a long shot.

Explaining it like that is hard, so try this: Somewhere in this universe is a Flatland where everyone is 2 dimensional, like a drawing on a piece of paper.

There is up, down, left and right but no depth to anything. Now imagine that someone living on Flatworld were trying to make maps of 3 dimensional space. That's what these guys are doing, only they're 3 dimensional people trying to map 4, 5, 6 or 10 dimensional space.
Oh. Right. 😐

Here you go:

[video="youtube;3_VydFQmtZ8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_VydFQmtZ8[/video]
Do u watch Rick and Morty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You successfully managed to bait this entire thread so probably
Reply 50
Original post by Edrulesok
You successfully managed to bait this entire thread so probably

/thread
This is clearly a troll lol
This is a troll...
You know how everything you see and experience is in 3 dimensions? Try to imagine a universe with more dimensions - We probably live in that universe and the 3 spatial dimensions we live in aren't all of reality - Not by a long shot.

Explaining it like that is hard, so try this: Somewhere in this universe is a Flatland where everyone is 2 dimensional, like a drawing on a piece of paper.

There is up, down, left and right but no depth to anything. Now imagine that someone living on Flatworld were trying to make maps of 3 dimensional space. That's what these guys are doing, only they're 3 dimensional people trying to map 4, 5, 6 or 10 dimensional space.

At your last sentence: Why do that??
Original post by Profesh
Here you go:

[video="youtube;3_VydFQmtZ8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_VydFQmtZ8[/video]

I'm sorry but no. I cant listen to Patrick Stewart witter on about this any longer :afraid:
Original post by a_d2010
This is a troll...

Thanks Sherlock
Intelligence is an irrelevant trait for humans. To live the best quality of life, being born with fantastic looks and money are the only things that matter.

Intelligent people get to slave away lonely while inventing things so hot people can enjoy life even more.

YES! YES! YES!
Original post by SeckseeBoy
Ok so in response to your questions

I am not mr de soza from Greenwich University (is that even a thing, sounds like Trump University)

Hypertopology is a term I created to describe topological structures with low phosphotronic capacity in relationship to their activation function. If you understand neural networks, you’ll understand.

I actually may have got 877 in KS3 - but who doesn’t exaggerate in ther CV?

Don't be so coy, Mr. De Soza. I already searched for just the word 'hypertopology' and the only person who used that term and went to both Cambridge and Oxford was Mr. De Soza.

If you went to both Oxford and Cambridge, at the very least your dissertation would be online. And it is not, which means you're either a liar or you're Mr. De Soza. We know you aren't lying, so you are definitely the general manager of the University of Greenwich!
Original post by SeckseeBoy

Hypertopology is a term I created to describe topological structures with low phosphotronic capacity in relationship to their activation function.

Apart from this being absolutely meaningless, fun fact: this seems to be the first time that the "word" "phosphotronic" has been used on the Internet.
Well, you're certainly not the most humble.

Quick Reply

Latest