The Student Room Group

History Notes

In class I have literally copied down everything word for word and now I am needing to revise all of it, I need help condensing all the information into a mind map or sticky notes of some sort
Please comment any helpful tips

Thank you in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Hannahban04
In class I have literally copied down everything word for word and now I am needing to revise all of it, I need help condensing all the information into a mind map or sticky notes of some sort
Please comment any helpful tips

Thank you in advance

Are you doing GCSE History or A Level History? If the latter, you should get set private study/homework to read certain pages and make notes. I usually cut out the bites that are unnecessary or just seems like pure waffle and write the important points down. We mostly spend our lessons consolidating our knowledge based on the notes we take and further extend our knowledge. For GCSE History, I would try to summarise the information you've been given and advice you to only take the most important points down. Hope that helps. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Are you doing GCSE History or A Level History? If the latter, you should get set private study/homework to read certain pages and make notes. I usually cut out the bites that are unnecessary or just seems like pure waffle and write the important points down. We mostly spend our lessons consolidating our knowledge based on the notes we take and further extend our knowledge. For GCSE History, I would try to summarise the information you've been given and advice you to only take the most important points down. Hope that helps. :smile:

I am taking GCSE history and even though I am in year 9 we have started our course and thank you I will try that
What I’ve done now and I wish I done sooner was PowerPoints- hear me out! I’m quite compétant on computers and I enjoy them, so PowerPoint, after each lesson and I’ve just been catching up on my previous history modules (Elizabeth and Nazi Germany), I write the KEY points on the slide, do that until I’ve finished the module and when I need to revise, I print them out- double sided 2 p/page and then I have all my book in 15 pages and I can then go on to make mindmaps etc.

This has really helped me so far with history especially with my **** teaching last year🙄!
Reply 4
Original post by Hannahban04
I am taking GCSE history and even though I am in year 9 we have started our course and thank you I will try that

I see, I'm in the A Level History student mindset lol. If you need any help, feel free to tag me and I'll do my best to help. :smile:
Original post by VirgoStrain
Most of the information you have is useless. Buy a CGP textbook and it’ll have all you need for an easy A*. It’s what I used for all my GCSE’s (10A*, 3A)

I am getting all of my revision guides given to me on friday as I ordered them through school so i WILL DEFINATELY try that

Quick Reply

Latest