The Student Room Group

Any way to memorise alot of information in history gcse?

GCSE's exams are coming up real quickly and i now realise i practically forgot alot of history information and dates. I've been using quizlet flashcards to try memorise these stuff through spatial revision and so. Is this the best way to memorise these stuff in history? Thanks!
Reply 1
Flashcards for me have never worked, but it's whatever you find best fit for you! Like for me blurting is the best revision method i find for me, because your writing everything you remember without any prompts or notes other than the name of the topic/subtopic your focusing on. And then when you've written everything you remember you refer back to your notes and add things you've missed in another pen colour to see the parts you've need to focus on that you struggle to remember.

Practice questions are also good, planning them without looking at your notes and then looking at the mark scheme seeing if you got your answer write - you could blurt about the question and use that as a sort of prompt?

I hope this helps, good luck on your exams!! (:
Reply 2
Original post by JimmyJackwagons
GCSE's exams are coming up real quickly and i now realise i practically forgot alot of history information and dates. I've been using quizlet flashcards to try memorise these stuff through spatial revision and so. Is this the best way to memorise these stuff in history? Thanks!

what exam board r u doing? im doing ocr a and it sucks, its soooooo boring. ugh
also i suck at history so i havent got any tips.
BUT
- i would say use the revision guides or read the topic summaries in ur textbook
- also watch videos on the topics - there may be videos available on youtube depending on ur exam board.
i am doing ocr a and i have looked for videos on the topics i do on youtube and i've found nothing.
anyway best of luck jimmy
Original post by JimmyJackwagons

Something that I would do is put all the info I need to memorise into one or two pages (depends on how much info you have)
and I would write on a post-it note relevant questions to those notes (basically questions that refer to your notes, so you are forced to recall from there) and these would take me several days to fully memorise but it is an effective technique for me. Hope that helped and good luck with exams!

Quick Reply

Latest