The Student Room Group

how do i revise for a-level history???

i am really stuck on what to do to revise other than making notes because its only 4 weeks in and i feel like i'm already lost

i usually make notes from the textbook and from my class notes but i dont know if this is a waste of time? i just need to be able to retain knowledge
Original post by cosmias
i am really stuck on what to do to revise other than making notes because its only 4 weeks in and i feel like i'm already lost

i usually make notes from the textbook and from my class notes but i dont know if this is a waste of time? i just need to be able to retain knowledge

Making notes is good in lessons, but don’t waste time at home making notes as a means of revision. There is so much more content at A-level than at at GCSE.

I don’t think there is any perfect way to revise for History. But, I made hundreds of flashcards on Quizlet, blurted (get a bit of paper write down everything you know, then look at your notes/textbook to add in what you missed), did loads of exam questions. However, these are all very time consuming, particularly blurting. This is why I believe History is one of the hardest A-levels.

Keep in mind you don’t need to know every statistic and fact. Be picky with what you learn. My teacher drummed stats for each topic into our heads at the beginning of each lesson in what she called “10/20 Quick Questions” which were timed on the board, and always the same stats for each sub topic. She would then go round the class picking people at random to answer the questions. Maybe make yourself some quick stats questions that you answer at the beginning of each revision session.

hope this helps.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest