The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Really sorry to hear that, I'm gutted for you. Who do you have left to hear from? Did you apply to Nottingham? I don't think they look at predicted grades if that was your problem.

Original post by VictiniCup
Received two rejections from Surrey and Liverpool.
Received two rejections from Surrey and Liverpool.

I received a rejection from Surrey and Liverpool, also. You’re not alone x
Original post by 50ph1e
Nope I phoned them today and they said they aim to let us know by xmas and will be holding interviews between January and March.

Ah amazing thank you so much for letting me know! x
Oh no, that's such a shame, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get better news from your other two, presuming that you applied for four.

Original post by LuBabaChica
I received a rejection from Surrey and Liverpool, also. You’re not alone x
Original post by animalmagic
Oh no, that's such a shame, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get better news from your other two, presuming that you applied for four.

Thank you! Yes, I applied to Nottingham and RVC also ☺️
Original post by Natasha_Faye
Did they give a reason as to why? If you don’t mind me asking

Surrey was no reason, Liverpool was academic.
Original post by LuBabaChica
Thank you! Yes, I applied to Nottingham and RVC also ☺️

Also applied to Nottingham and RVC.
Also got rejected from Liverpool for academic. Curse being less than 1% off the grade boundary in my A-levels :')
Original post by icylilies
Also got rejected from Liverpool for academic. Curse being less than 1% off the grade boundary in my A-levels :':wink:

This predicted or actual?
Hi, just trying to find lambing Work Experience for next year, I've been looking on the NSA lambing list and been rejected a few times and struggling to find more that would take me... does anyone who has already done their lambing have anyone I could contact? Anywhere would be fine but I live in the midlands so any nearby would be great! Kind of worried I won't get any lambing experience before I apply next year!
This predicted or actual?

Actual :smile: Didn't apply with predicted grades last year as my school wouldn't support me, then got sick in the exam haha it's just my luck tbh
Original post by icylilies
Actual :smile: Didn't apply with predicted grades last year as my school wouldn't support me, then got sick in the exam haha it's just my luck tbh

I have to resit some maths modules since I panicked in the exam hall. Too may non related exam things can go wrong in a an exam.

What are your actual grades, of you don't mind me asking?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CupOfCaramel
Hi, just trying to find lambing Work Experience for next year, I've been looking on the NSA lambing list and been rejected a few times and struggling to find more that would take me... does anyone who has already done their lambing have anyone I could contact? Anywhere would be fine but I live in the midlands so any nearby would be great! Kind of worried I won't get any lambing experience before I apply next year!

Have you tried just general yellow pages/googling sheep farms locally? Or going to agricultural shows? As this was how I found mine. Just email/ring as many people as you can and someone should take you on.
The lady I went to had never had work experience students before but she was wonderful, she had rare breed sheep so did AI and embryo transfer too, ended up being one of my best placements.
Unfortunately I'm not very near to you as I'm south-east. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by luberry
Have you tried just general yellow pages/googling sheep farms locally? Or going to agricultural shows? As this was how I found mine. Just email/ring as many people as you can and someone should take you on.
The lady I went to had never had work experience students before but she was wonderful, she had rare breed sheep so did AI and embryo transfer too, ended up being one of my best placements.
Unfortunately I'm not very near to you as I'm south-east. Hope this helps :smile:

No actually I haven't- I'll start looking now!! I guess I didn't even think about that as everyone I've known doing vet med found theirs on the lambing list haha. That sounds so good! Hopefully I can find someone!! Thanks a lot :smile:
I have to resit some maths modules since I panicked in the exam hall. Too may non related exam things can go wrong in a an exam.

What are your actual grades, of you don't mind me asking?

yeah it kinda bums, but goodluck in your resits! As my course doesn't have modules i can't resit that one exam so i am a little stuck :unimpressed:

I got A*AB
(edited 6 years ago)
Anyone heard from Clare College yet?
Original post by zoemaddison
Has anyone heard from Emmanuel college? :smile:

Yup! Did you apply to Emmanuel too?
Just heard from Surrey, seems they didn't like short answers.
Just heard from Surrey, seems they didn't like short answers.

Do you mean to the 500 word questions??
Original post by Lucia12
Do you mean to the 500 word questions??

Yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending