The Student Room Group

Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chaz254
I don't care and I agree that it's because she's a yank but I'm only asking because someone said she isn't white so...just curious

Well no I didn't mean any offence - somone earlier mentioned about her race but my sister, who is not white, does not think that she is white, but I think that it is wonderful that she is not white as it shows how the royal family can now begin to move away from all being white - like in that episode of Doctor Who that was set in the future and Elizabeth X was black which I loved!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by theobsessedjuan
Well I think the closest we ever had to this was when Edward VIII married Wallace Simpson an American divorcee!

Charles married a divorcee as well... Not American, but slightly more controversial.

And it wasn't the Americanness that was objectionable about Wallis Simpson.
Original post by Drewski
Charles married a divorcee as well... Not American, but slightly more controversial.

And it wasn't the Americanness that was objectionable about Wallis Simpson.

Well I don't care she is divorced - it is quite normal but for the British royal family to divorce but to marry Americans I just can't comprehend! Any other country and I wouldn't have an issue!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by the bear
It is wonderful that Prince Harry is marrying one of Angela Murkle's relatives; it will help to heal the Brexit hurt.

underrated comment.
Original post by YaliaV
Yes, I yearn for the time when royals married their cousins, held many mistresses and killed their rivals.

Unarguably it was more exclusive back then. For an exclusive club, exclusivity is kind of an essential trait.
Who gives a ****. ABOLISH THE MONARCHY. Thats what i say, the ****ing ***** taking our taxes, next coronation we'll see how good those gates on buckingham palace are.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
God, not another royal wedding.

And to an American actress. Eugh. I miss the days when the royals would marry for diplomatic ties, at least then they were doing something useful.

Google her. She has ties to Canada's ruling families.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
I don't deal in conspiracy theories m8

It's well documented. You're the one conspiring that would he marry certain people for certain relations.
Well I don't care she is divorced - it is quite normal

Not for the Royals it isn't.
Reply 49
Will the taxpayers be paying for this wedding?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Bank holiday please.

also I like the anti- tabloids Harry. Go for the jugular Harry :top:

It gets even worse. SHE IS NONE WHITE!!!!!

non not none you dope
I'm really happy for Harry and Meghan. They seem like a very down to Earth and laid back couple :smile:
The 'Royal' family are parasites. I can't stand them wedding and who is going to foot the bill for the wedding hmmmm... THE TAX PAYERS. it annoys me that they will spend millions on this wedding and yet many families are going to spend Christmas on the streets; but who cares right it's a royal wedding WOHOO! (not). It's funny that people are bothered about that Meghan woman being American yet no one seems to care that the 'Queen' is German and that that Phillip is Greek; Oh and no one seems to care that the queen's uncle was good friends with Hitler or that Phillip's sisters were married to Nazi SS officers...

As long as they give people a day off not many people seem to care what parasites these freemasonic scumbags are; also Phillip once said that when he dies he wanted to come back as a disease to wipe out the poor, theres your caring and lovable 'Royal family'. It also makes me laugh that that some people say the queen works hard :laugh:; yeah it's so hard so have people waiting on you harnd and foot, helping you get dressed, wiping your arse, going to expensive dinners, going on free holidays, waving... doesn't sound hard to me sounds like luxury.
that also reminds me; the queen was found guilty in her absents I a missing childs case in Canada.
Reply 53
I cant believe this! Why does she have to be American!?

An earlier thread suggested Britain is full of chavs https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5065402&p=74790086&page=2#post74790086

I wouldn’t use the word chav, but I tend to agree that Britain is now so full of social upstarts who are so pretentious, for example, the Middletons. Harry wanted something different. Markle is an ordinary to riches story but she remains so down to earth. Very different to how ‘middle class’ British social climbers are. Once they make their few hundreds of thousands they start to think too much of themselves. Not saying the middletons only have a few hundred thousands. They are obviously millionaires. Just saying they are a reflection of most pretentious upstarts we have in Great Brtain.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by YaliaV

Do you have nothing better to do? Race baiting and being hysterical over nothing is your thang I suppose.

I was satirising the inevitable racist angles and reportage that are to come, but feel free to continue to be confused about it.
British Royal marries extroverted American divorcee. Déjà vu anyone?
Original post by Iridocyclitis
British Royal marries extroverted American divorcee. Déjà vu anyone?

Not really.

It's not 1936 anymore, and he's not the reigning King, or direct heir.

However, if they have a sense of humour they'll name Harry the Duke of Windsor once he gets married :colone:
They haven't been together that long :moon:
Would there be a day off work?
Just in time to coincide with a new royal baby announcement to quell the riots post Brexit in March 2019.

Either that or Harry's bint is already up the duff.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending