The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r33ves1986
I applied to Nottingham, Liverpool, Bristol and RVC. Only heard from Liverpool so far. Well done though, do you have a preferred uni should you receive offers from all? :biggrin:

I think RVC is my first choice but I'm quite open minded. What about you?
Original post by luberry
Me too :smile: good luck!!

Arghhhh thank you, you too!!
Original post by sos3095
I think RVC is my first choice but I'm quite open minded. What about you?

RVC or Nottingham I think. But will take anything right now haha!
Just had an email from Surrey, I have an interview and can pick between 11th and 12th of Jan. That makes 3 out of 4, as I've also got interviews at Glasgow and Cambridge (both in the next two weeks, eek!)

I'm so excited yet terrified at the same... Congrats to anyone who's just heard from Surrey today as well, I bet you feel so relieved just like I do- I really thought I was going to get rejected, it was taking so long!
RVC or Nottingham I think. But will take anything right now haha!

Yeah exactly! Whoever wants me haha
Just wondering has anyone else got an interview for Glasgow this Friday? ☺️
From what I’ve heard from a few teachers and friends who have been interviewed there, Glasgow is pretty friendly and focusses more on you and your personality at the interviews than compared with the likes of Edinburgh. My Chem teacher describes it as ‘having a cup o tea with your gran’ haha
Haha! I'm happy with the category! Do you know of anyone who has already received rejections from there prior to receiving the form?

Good luck with your other choices, who knows Bristol might miss out on two good candidates if they make us wait much longer haha!

I haven't heard of anyone being rejected from Bristol without having completed a questionnaire...though that doesn't mean it hasn't happened :s-smilie:. Having said that their website states that they are judging the applications 20% GCSE grades, 30% A level predictions and 50% this form we haven't got, so for them to reject someone with only 50% of their application essentially would be pretty silly...!

They also say that they are not taking personal statements into account this year so without getting more information from the questionnaire for all they know Ive got 6 A*s in all humanities subjects....which, impressive as it is...wouldn't make me a great vet student!
Original post by tobevetfirmed
From what I’ve heard from a few teachers and friends who have been interviewed there, Glasgow is pretty friendly and focusses more on you and your personality at the interviews than compared with the likes of Edinburgh. My Chem teacher describes it as ‘having a cup o tea with your gran’ haha

Got an interview there but not for Friday...when I went to look round they seemed really friendly and the whole atmosphere was more like 'we want to see what you are like as a person' not 'we are trying to catch you out at every given opportunity' which is nice, and hopefully will make the interview itself easier!
Well done everyone who has got interviews!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by catshouse
Sorry to disappoint but my acknowledgment is 10/10 - over 7 weeks and counting!

It’s not from the day you receive the acknowledgement mail, the 4-6 week period began when applications closed; 15th October.
Original post by Natasha_Faye
Just to let you that you’re not allowed to share information from interviews since it gives some people an advantage. Most uni’s make you sign a form saying that you won’t share any information. If they find out you have been sharing examples of the questions then there may be consequences so I would probably delete this. Sorry to be so blunt but I wouldn’t want you to lose your chance at uni for trying to be nice 👍🏼

Oh I had no idea! Thank you! I thought it'd be okay to say some stuff, but I deleted it just to be on the safe side!
Original post by Vilverin
Oh I had no idea! Thank you! I thought it'd be okay to say some stuff, but I deleted it just to be on the safe side!

Don’t worry, it’s better to be safe than sorry ☺️ well done on your interview by the way
Original post by silver001
It’s not from the day you receive the acknowledgement mail, the 4-6 week period began when applications closed; 15th October.

Still over 6 weeks, I'm only suggesting you don't get your hopes up on a reply by the end of the week. Another uni say 5 weeks on their website, but again that isn't happening either. All in all, it's a long haul either way.
Original post by tobevetfirmed

Ive got one there on Friday!
Anyone else going to Liverpool on Friday? :smile:
Don’t worry, it’s better to be safe than sorry ☺️ well done on your interview by the way

Thanks, have you had any interviews or offers yet?
Original post by Vilverin
Thanks, have you had any interviews or offers yet?

I had my liverpool interview on Monday and haven’t heard anything from anywhere else. I also applied to RVC, Bristol and Nottingham
I had my liverpool interview on Monday and haven’t heard anything from anywhere else. I also applied to RVC, Bristol and Nottingham

Well best of luck to you! Hope you get an offer!
Original post by Canine Copycat
Got an interview there but not for Friday...when I went to look round they seemed really friendly and the whole atmosphere was more like 'we want to see what you are like as a person' not 'we are trying to catch you out at every given opportunity' which is nice, and hopefully will make the interview itself easier!

Yeah! The atmosphere there is so nice and chummy, makes me actually more excited than nervous to go see it again.

Original post by AllenMegan
Ive got one there on Friday!

Woo!! Are you staying for the tour as well? I’m so buzzing to meet some other vet applicants. 😛

I had my interview at Liverpool on Monday too. Think I totally messed it up :frown: I've applied to the same uni's as you and not heard anything from the others either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending