The Student Room Group

How do you change a thread title?

Hi, can you change the title of a thread on the tsr app or on an iPad/phone?
Thanks.
Original post by Ioneg
Thanks.

You cant. Ask a mod to change it for you.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You cant. Ask a mod to change it for you.

And how could I do that? Thanks
Original post by Ioneg
And how could I do that? Thanks

If you see a mod posting (not sure community assistants can do it?) then they will change it if you ask nicely.
At the bottom of the page are the names of the mods in charge of the relevant forum or alternatively you can go to ask the community team forum.

Quicker to message a mod directly.
Look for the light blue, red and orange peoples signatures.
See if they have posted recently and if they are online by hovering the pointer over their name.

TSR help forum- I see you have already posted there.
be patient as it is the weekend.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=565
Reply 4
If you see a mod posting (not sure community assistants can do it?) then they will change it if you ask nicely.
At the bottom of the page are the names of the mods in charge of the relevant forum or alternatively you can go to ask the community team forum.

Quicker to message a mod directly.
Look for the light blue, red and orange peoples signatures.
See if they have posted recently and if they are online by hovering the pointer over their name.

TSR help forum- I see you have already posted there.
be patient as it is the weekend.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=565

Ahh thanks!
I didn’t realise it actually posted in the help forum as it said I couldn’t. Anyway.
Thanks.
Original post by Ioneg
Ahh thanks!
I didn’t realise it actually posted in the help forum as it said I couldn’t. Anyway.
Thanks.

If the thread has just started and you dont want it, then delete all the text and leave a message asking for it to be deleted.

Open a new thread. Dont do it too often though.
Reply 6
Original post by Ioneg
Thanks.

Don't know if you can do it on a phone but normally you can click edit on the initial post and then "preview changes". There you'll have the option to change the thread title.
Reply 7
Original post by Notnek
Don't know if you can do it on a phone but normally you can click edit on the initial post and then "preview changes". There you'll have the option to change the thread title.

Thanks!
Original post by Ioneg
Thanks!

Which of your threads do you want the title changed? And what to?
I can ask someone to change it/change it myself depending on which section it's in :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Ioneg
Thanks.

Hi there. Hopefully you have this sorted now, but if not...
You cant edit on the app as far as I'm aware, but an ST in that section will be able to help you out if you ask really nicely.
If you scroll to the bottom of a section you can see who helps moderate it. Look for a purple name and tag or PM them. They might be busy or not online, but you should get a response eventually. What section is the post in btw?
You can also go onto a PC and edit it on there. Go to edit then preview and the title will show up in a little box. You can change it there.
Reply 10
Thanks everyone, I’ve done it now!
(not sure community assistants can do it?)
Can confirm that if OP requests it, we can.:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Can confirm that if OP requests it, we can.:smile:

I was trying not to encourage them, but they are new. Good to know though.
Hey! I’m actually very stressed about my A level choices and I made a thread on it. But I feel like it’s not catchy enough for people to notice. Could you please change it to “What A levels to choose? Help. I’m so stressed” from this thread linked below. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5560696

Thank you so so much!
Original post by moumisayed
Hey! I’m actually very stressed about my A level choices and I made a thread on it. But I feel like it’s not catchy enough for people to notice. Could you please change it to “What A levels to choose? Help. I’m so stressed” from this thread linked below. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5560696

Thank you so so much!
This thread is 9 months old. And if you read it you'll find that you can edit the title yourself by clicking "edit" on the Original Post. Then clicking "preview post" or "go advanced" (can't remember the exact wording) near to the save button. From there you will be able to edit the thread title yourself.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kindred
Hi there. Hopefully you have this sorted now, but if not...
You cant edit on the app as far as I'm aware, but an ST in that section will be able to help you out if you ask really nicely.
If you scroll to the bottom of a section you can see who helps moderate it. Look for a purple name and tag or PM them. They might be busy or not online, but you should get a response eventually. What section is the post in btw?
You can also go onto a PC and edit it on there. Go to edit then preview and the title will show up in a little box. You can change it there.

I'm on a PC but I don't see a way to do this - is this method still possible?
Original post by speedstyle
I'm on a PC but I don't see a way to do this - is this method still possible?

Yeah it should still work. If you created a thread (non anonymous) you should see some blue text under it near the quote button saying "edit". If you click that you should be able to make changes to the main content and the title. Sometimes the title bit doesn't appear, but if you click "preview" that usually makes it appear. Or you can just try again.

And you can still tag somebody for help. You can also report the thread and ask for it to be edited (on pc, you can't type a message if you report things on the app). To tag somebody just type @ then their username. You can tag a VT (used to be called ST) or Forum Helper and they'll be able to help you. If you're not sure who to tag just look around in that section for any user with "Volunteer Team" or "Forum Helper" under their name. Even if they don't help in that section they'll be able to find somebody who does.

If there's a thread you're having difficulty with right now you can post a link here and I'll help.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kindred
Yeah it should still work. If you created a thread (non anonymous) you should see some blue text under it near the quote button saying "edit". If you click that you should be able to make changes to the main content and the title. Sometimes the title bit doesn't appear, but if you click the orange box saying "preview changes" that usually makes it appear. Or you can just try again.

And you can still tag somebody for help. You can also report the thread and ask for it to be edited (on pc, you can't type a message if you report things on the app). To tag somebody just type @ then their username. You can tag a VT (used to be called ST) or Forum Helper and they'll be able to help you. If you're not sure who to tag just look around in that section for any user with "Volunteer Team" or "Forum Helper" under their name. Even if they don't help in that section they'll be able to find somebody who does.

If there's a thread you're having difficulty with right now you can post a link here and I'll help.

I wanted to rename this thread to "Edexcel A Level Physics (9PH0) Unofficial Markschemes" (so that I can add to it for papers 2 and 3).

Maybe the title not appearing is something to do with "sort by newest"? I have noticed a few glitches with this setting - for example when I post, it skips to the bottom of the last page after posting instead of the top of the first page where my post is; and if I post on a one-page thread my new post appears at the bottom (so the numbers go 8, 7, ... , 2, 1, 9).
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by speedstyle
I wanted to rename this thread to "Edexcel A Level Physics (9PH0) Unofficial Markschemes" (so that I can add to it for papers 2 and 3).

Maybe the title not appearing is something to do with "sort by newest"? I have noticed a few glitches with this setting - for example when I post, it skips to the bottom of the last page after posting instead of the top of the first page where my post is; and if I post on a one-page thread my new post appears at the bottom (so the numbers go 8, 7, ... , 2, 1, 9).

I'll tag somebody in to change the title for you. :smile:
As for those glitches I'm not sure what's up. I think they are doing a bit of reworking to how things look so maybe that's what's getting stuff confused. If it's a problem I'd post a new thread about it over in Help and Announcements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending