The Student Room Group

UEA PPE or SOAS Econ Bsc for firm choice?

I have offers from both UEA (ABB) and SOAS (AAB), I am torn between these two for my firm choice. I would really like to do PPE because of how extensive and flexible it is and I chose UEA because it was one of the universities that didn't require A-Level maths and an A in GCSE maths (I got a B). SOAS is a pretty well known university and didn't require A-level maths for their economics course. SOAS is in London so its much closer to home than UEA, on the other hand living in Norwich would be much cheaper than London. Also, how practical are both these courses in terms of employability and what are the differences in the careers I can pursue with both these degrees.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Iroquois Pliskin
I have offers from both UEA (ABB) and SOAS (AAB), I am torn between these two for my firm choice. I would really like to do PPE because of how extensive and flexible it is and I chose UEA because it was one of the universities that didn't require A-Level maths and an A in GCSE maths (I got a B). SOAS is a pretty well know university and didn't require A-level maths for their economics course. SOAS is in London so is much closer to home than UEA, on the other hand living in Norwich would be much cheaper than London. Also, how practical are both these courses in terms of employ ability and what kind of careers can I pursue.

Ultimately, you are studying a degree for three years, which is a pretty long time. Hence it's imperative you choose something you enjoy, as this will allow you to cope.

Given your post, I'd definitely say you should choose UEA.
Original post by .ACS.
Ultimately, you are studying a degree for three years, which is a pretty long time. Hence it's imperative you choose something you enjoy, as this will allow you to cope.

Given your post, I'd definitely say you should choose UEA.

Thank you very much for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending