The Student Room Group

Sexist quiz

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/are-you-sexist-take-this-quiz

I got hostile sexist which i don't understand when i defend women all the time to my sexist male teachers.

Scroll to see replies

you seriously give a **** about a random online test thats probably made by a feminist?
Really mate. I mean one of the questions is saying men should sacrifice their own wellbeing. Not wanting to do that doesn’t make me a sexist pig.
Original post by nio.m
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/are-you-sexist-take-this-quiz

I got hostile sexist which i don't understand when i defend women all the time to my sexist male teachers.

That's white knighting, dude.
I'm pretty sure the results are on a spectrum of "hostile sexist". So you get a number rather than a name? idk
the quiz is utterly ridiculous and skewed.
The quiz assumes your sexist with its outputs then, it’s rather flawed.
Original post by petalsunrise
the quiz is utterly ridiculous and skewed.

How so?
I just took it out of curiosity and got the same answer as you, whoever designed that ridiculous quiz is themselves sexist so I wouldn't put too much thought into your result. Whatever idiot wrote that whole 'article' needs to have along hard look at themselves rather than judging other people by that ridiculousness.
Original post by Waldorf67
How so?

Do it and you’ll see.
Original post by OrangeBanana1992
I just took it out of curiosity and got the same answer as you, whoever designed that ridiculous quiz is themselves sexist so I wouldn't put too much thought into your result. Whatever idiot wrote that whole 'article' needs to have along hard look at themselves rather than judging other people by that ridiculousness.

Everybody will get hostile sexist as that is how the test is designed. What number on hostile sexist did you get?
Original post by cindyclark46
I'm pretty sure the results are on a spectrum of "hostile sexist". So you get a number rather than a name? idk

Yeah just did the quiz and it's a spectrum.
It’s probably the worst most flawed test I’ve ever done in my life.
The only way you could get anything other than "Hostile Sexist" is if you considered women better than men, it seems.
The quiz isn’t loading for me and I’m pretty sure it’s because I’m female, the quiz is sexist.
Original post by Waldorf67
How so?

because the quiz thinks favourably of you if you think women are pure (whatever that means) and morallly angelic, but if you are a realist and know that that isn't true and realise things like this to be true: women controlling men to utilize their social and physical power, turning them on just to exercise their own sexual power and then rejecting them, complaining over small things more often...then the quiz thinks you are hostile towards women. I am just a realist.
I’ve never impressed I got something like 3.67/5
Original post by Andrew97
Everybody will get hostile sexist as that is how the test is designed. What number on hostile sexist did you get?

Oh yeh, had a look back and noticed that. I got 0.83, the only way you seem to be able to get a 0 the spectrum (I assume that's the 'best' score you can get) is by answering the questions saying women should be cherished by men and are purer etc.. as 'strongly agree'. What utter ********, I really don't think this 'journalist' understands what sexism means. I disagreed with all but 1 of the questions which was the 'feminists demand too much of men' one
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Andrew97
Do it and you’ll see.

I don’t have to, the questions were from a well known questionnaire, which was pivotal in social psychology.
Original post by petalsunrise
because the quiz thinks favourably of you if you think women are pure (whatever that means) and morallly angelic, but if you are a realist and know that that isn't true and realise things like this to be true: women controlling men to utilize their social and physical power, turning them on just to exercise their own sexual power and then rejecting them, complaining over small things more often...then the quiz thinks you are hostile towards women. I am just a realist.

You don’t understand the quiz. It’s actually the exact opposite of what you believe.

To think women are pure and angelic is actually sexist, and is considered to be benevolent sexism.

If you agree that women are “pure” and “angelic” that will give you a higher score for sexism. Women are not pure, or angelic, and such stereotypes have been just as damaging as thinking women are sluts.

The fact that you didn’t realise that shows the questionnaire is really well designed.

The entire point is that women should not be looked upon favorably or unfavourably on the basis of their sex. They are individuals.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest