The Student Room Group

GCSEs

My qualifications are - entry level 3 English, maths and animal care. I failed every single GCSE getting mostly U grades, a D, E and F. I am currently studying level 1 English, maths and employability, these are functional skills.

I'm 18, I suffered with severe anxiety throughout school causing me to fail but I'm a little better now other than worrying about my future, I really want a car and scared I won't be able to afford one. I also don't want to end up in some crappy paid job I hate for the rest of my life, I want to work as a veterinary care assistant or animal care assistant.

Both the car and education is a priority.
what is it you want to know?
Original post by becky_kelso
what is it you want to know?

What to do about my sitution, advice
Original post by JasmineWills
My qualifications are - entry level 3 English, maths and animal care. I failed every single GCSE getting mostly U grades, a D, E and F. I am currently studying level 1 English, maths and employability, these are functional skills.

I'm 18, I suffered with severe anxiety throughout school causing me to fail but I'm a little better now other than worrying about my future, I really want a car and scared I won't be able to afford one. I also don't want to end up in some crappy paid job I hate for the rest of my life, I want to work as a veterinary care assistant or animal care assistant.

Both the car and education is a priority.

Well, I'm not an expert, but I would suggest redoing your GCSEs, as these are pretty much your foundation to whatever you wish to do! if you don't want to go back to school, you could do them online with Wolsey Hall Oxford for example (which is what I'm doing). They well set you assignments and Mark them for you, preparing you for the exam. You can also ask them any question!
To be honest, I pray to God when I'm worried, or anxious, and He really is the best comfort and help of all!
you could maybe get a part time job at a cafe for example, and save up for a car. This shouldn't be too big a problem

Quick Reply

Latest