The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate Harry Potter?

Scroll to see replies

I thinking they're ok. I don't love them and I think somebody are way too obsessed with them bit I don't hate them
Original post by anonymous
or the fan base?
I tried to read the books but they’re so boring and poorly written (in my opinion) but when ever i tell that to harry potter fans they always get really angry and defensive

my father will hear about this!
JK Rowling sucks. What a massive hypocrite.
Just J.K. Rowling and their fan base - so fecking annoying

ngl love the films

harry potter as a character is a wet wipe too tho
Original post by Anonymous
Or the fan base?
I tried to read the books but they’re so boring and poorly written (in my opinion) but when ever I tell that to Harry Potter fans they always get really angry and defensive

I always thought that Potter was a mediocre, overrated, arrogant boy. It is reassuring to know I am not the only one who sees this.

Hate would be a strong word. But i'm not into it. Seen about 3 of the movies, read maybe 1 and a half of the books. Not my thing.
YES I hate it and the fact that u can’t walk into a shop without seeing some dumb merch. And yes the fan base can be very annoying. One time I dared to say that I didn’t care about Harry Potter and a girl in my seminar started yelling at me, looooool. It’s not even that good of a movie/ book.
JK Rowling - ‘Dumbledore is Bi!! Everyone like me!! I have an LGBT character in my book!!’
JK Rowling - *refuses to acknowledge the fact that “Dumbledore is bi” in writing or movies or f*cking stage play*
Reply 48
I read the first one in about 1998, when I was 12 or so. I didn't really like it but I didn't really dislike it either. I had been reading 'adult' books for years by then so I thought it was a bit simplistic but it didn't offend me.

They are the books that got my brother to stop dicking about and start reading properly though (he was a difficult child), so I am grateful to them for that.
I don't hate it because I belong to the 0.0000000000000001% of the population who's never seen/read any of the HP books or films.
Blasphemy!
Original post by Anonymous
Or the fan base?
I tried to read the books but they’re so boring and poorly written (in my opinion) but when ever I tell that to Harry Potter fans they always get really angry and defensive

haha I'm a Harry Potter nut and I think the first four books were poorly written. If you want to get into them I suggest reading the last two first! I found it a much more enjoyable experience to go backwards (let's face it, we all know what happens anyway).

It's the same with Beyonce. I don't think she's all that but people call me crazy if I express that I'm not a fan of her music. I think people go on the attack when someone tries to find a fault in their baby. Too many things are rubbish in this world so if something brings a person happiness or joy they're very quick to push out any negativity.

I think JK's behaviour as of late has been extremely problematic also which has made me lose interest in any up and coming Fantastic Beasts stuff.
Reply 52
Original post by Know Your Enemy
I don't hate it because I belong to the 0.0000000000000001% of the population who's never seen/read any of the HP books or films.

That takes some doing. Well done!
How dare you? our queen Rowling is the best in a decade!!!! She created our childhood!!!!!!!
Original post by username3781180
my father will hear about this!

OMG OMG!!!! Draco!!!!!!
Muggles are hard to please.
Reply 56
Can't stand the fanbase.
hate is too strong a word. I don't get why people said that if it gets children reading then it must be a good thing - surely it depends on what they are reading. hp books are just fun really, they are only educational for 5 yr olds who are still learning their ABCs.
I've never read it or seen it. It doesn't seem like something that would interest me tbh.
Reply 59
I think the harry potter books have mostly been tainted through my dislike of JK Rowling. Her twitter presence is awful and I HATE how she keeps trying to keep HP relevant by linking it to other issues.

Remember how she said the werewolves in the books represented AIDS *sighs*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending