The Student Room Group

How can I raise my target level in maths?

My target band in maths is a 5! I've constantly been put off because of this an maths has never come easily to me. Can someone please advice me how I could get better in the subject and raise my grades.
Reply 1
Original post by Totalgeek2003
My target band in maths is a 5! I've constantly been put off because of this an maths has never come easily to me. Can someone please advice me how I could get better in the subject and raise my grades.

Do well in test.
All my target grades are all 4s which are so bad
DO MATHS WATCH it’s a god send no lie on the foundation paper I got 36/40 because of this and PAST PAPERS will save yours life
Ask for higher paper my teacher was like u would rather do foundation I was like no as you can get only a five.

If you don’t get anything ask your teacher I asked my teacher really dumb question but then if you ask them you would get good grades instead of struggling at home
I managed to turn my predicted/target grade in maths from a 7 to a 9. I basically bummed off maths for a few months straight. I always put my hand up in lesson to answer questions, constantly performed well in tests (scoring top of the class time after time) almost always got nearly fully marks on homework. Always attended revision lessons after school and stayed behind in lesson after it had finished to go through work with the teacher. If your teacher notices all the effort you are putting in then I’m sure they will raise your target/predicted grade from a 5
Original post by Jpatel70
Do well in test.
All my target grades are all 4s which are so bad
DO MATHS WATCH it’s a god send no lie on the foundation paper I got 36/40 because of this and PAST PAPERS will save yours life
Ask for higher paper my teacher was like u would rather do foundation I was like no as you can get only a five.

If you don’t get anything ask your teacher I asked my teacher really dumb question but then if you ask them you would get good grades instead of struggling at home

I can't do past papers if i haven't even learnt all the materials. I also heard about maths watch and will try that out. What do you suggest I do to practice all the material? Any worksheets? Activities?
How to I raise this 5 to a 7?
I've managed to exceed my target in all my other subjects but how do I do it for maths, the subject I dread the most. Probably because I used to be fairly good but then stopped doing it all together.
Procrastination is also another bad habit that stops me from doing work.
Reply 4
Original post by Totalgeek2003
I can't do past papers if i haven't even learnt all the materials. I also heard about maths watch and will try that out. What do you suggest I do to practice all the material? Any worksheets? Activities?
How to I raise this 5 to a 7?
I've managed to exceed my target in all my other subjects but how do I do it for maths, the subject I dread the most. Probably because I used to be fairly good but then stopped doing it all together.
Procrastination is also another bad habit that stops me from doing work.

MATHS WATCH
COBBERT MATHS
MATHS GENIE
Get cgp work books they are so good

Also are you doing the higher paper
Original post by Jpatel70
MATHS WATCH
COBBERT MATHS
MATHS GENIE
Get cgp work books they are so good

Also are you doing the higher paper

yes im doing higher. Somehow I ended up in second set