The Student Room Group

I don't know what to choose

Hi, I want to study astrophysics or aerospace engineering at university and don't know what subjects to choose between I've narrowed it down to two groups; physics, maths, history or physics, maths, art. I'm not sure which of these choices will benefit me more so I'm in need of some help, if anyone could give advice that would be amazing!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by gotnoname1
Hi, I want to study astrophysics or aerospace engineering at university and don't know what subjects to choose between I've narrowed it down to two groups;- physics, maths, historyand- physics, maths, artI'm not sure which of these choices will benefit me more so I'm in need of some help, if anyone could give advice that would be amazing!

Either are fine. Just be aware that A-level Art has a very significant workload.

Which combination do *you* prefer?

And what about further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Either are fine. Just be aware that A-level Art has a very significant workload.

And what about further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to have history or art one as one of my options solely because I enjoy them both and feel like keeping an option open if I do indeed change my mind, also I'm leaning towards history as I think it would be better due to the amount of work art includes but I'll need to think about it more.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gotnoname1
Hi, I want to study astrophysics or aerospace engineering at university and don't know what subjects to choose between I've narrowed it down to two groups; physics, maths, history or physics, maths, art. I'm not sure which of these choices will benefit me more so I'm in need of some help, if anyone could give advice that would be amazing!

Astrophysics and aerospace engineering are quite different courses, but both will require maths and physics at a minimum, with further maths also being helpful for both.

Quick Reply

Latest