The Student Room Group

Doing the exam's in a smaller room????

my gp has given me this letter but im not sure it makes sense and will allow me to sit a smaller room for my mock tests
can someone help me, please tell me if this letter even makes sense and will it be allowed for me to move to a smaller room for a GCSE'S.
THE GP LETTER:

"This patient tells me that he had mock exams in December. He has told me what symptoms he was experiencing during the exams and I can now conclude that this patient has anxiety. This could be detrimental to his grades .I'd be very grateful if you would take this into consideration and make him sit the exams in a smaller room."
Original post by xavier245900
my gp has given me this letter but im not sure it makes sense and will allow me to sit a smaller room for my mock tests
can someone help me, please tell me if this letter even makes sense and will it be allowed for me to move to a smaller room for a GCSE'S.
THE GP LETTER:

"This patient tells me that he had mock exams in December. He has told me what symptoms he was experiencing during the exams and I can now conclude that this patient has anxiety. This could be detrimental to his grades .I'd be very grateful if you would take this into consideration and make him sit the exams in a smaller room."

Yes it makes sense.
It supports the idea that you have anxiety and should be allowed to do your exams in a smaller room.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes it makes sense.
It supports the idea that you have anxiety and should be allowed to do your exams in a smaller room.

so do you think they will accept it and change me from the exam hall to a smaller room
so do you think they will accept it and change me from the exam hall to a smaller room

Up to the school.

the GP cant order them to. Its not life threatening.
Reply 4
Did you talk to anyone in school in December about your issues? Were they evident during the exams? (The invigilators would probably have noticed and made a note of it. ) If not then I wouldn't rate your chances of getting a small room as very high.
Original post by Compost
Did you talk to anyone in school in December about your issues? Were they evident during the exams? (The invigilators would probably have noticed and made a note of it. ) If not then I wouldn't rate your chances of getting a small room as very high.

yes in one of my exams i left the room due to this problem
but do you think this letter makes sense
Reply 6

Yes
yes in one of my exams i left the room due to this problem

Compost is an exam officer, so would have first hand experience. Why dont you think the letter makes sense? it is a typical Drs letter. What do you expect the Dr to say?
Original post by 999tigger
Compost is an exam officer, so would have first hand experience. Why dont you think the letter makes sense? it is a typical Drs letter. What do you expect the Dr to say?

Basically what happened was i handed in another letter last month and my teacher said it would be very unlikey as there isnt that much evidence
but now that i have one to the gp and got this letter iam still scared that it will be declined
Reply 9

My school did.
I now have any exam/test in a seperate room

So they should do it
You parents may need to come in or write to the school and the school will most likely contact your GP
(edited 6 years ago)
Basically what happened was i handed in another letter last month and my teacher said it would be very unlikey as there isnt that much evidence
but now that i have one to the gp and got this letter iam still scared that it will be declined

It is up to them. They may already have a smaller room where other anxious students go. Tbh used to like looking around a bit and if you focus, then you are in your own little bubble anyway. You should wait and see what they say.
Original post by IDOZ
My school did.
I now have any exam/test in a seperate room

So they should do it
You parents may need to come in or write to the school and the school will most likely contact your GP

wait do they always contact the gp
Reply 12
wait do they always contact the gp

For me yes

Quick Reply

Latest