Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough university

hows the university
Original post by priyanshi30
hows the university

Hi @priyanshi30

Great to hear you're thinking about coming to Loughborough! I'm currently in my first year here and I thought I might be able to tell you a bit about student life outside of lectures.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored since I've been here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends (we've made the most of the outside spaces in the hot weather!) as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week. At the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice.

It's currently exam season here and what I really like about Loughborough is the variety of places to study on and off campus so you're not just in your room all day. As well as the library (which is open 24/7 during exam season) there are plenty of places to sit and do work both inside and outside on campus and there are loads of cafes in town where it's nice to go and work and get away from campus for a bit.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending