The Student Room Group

How many hours to revise

Hi, my mocks start on Thursday, how many hours should I be revising each evening?

Thank-you!
Original post by SophieMay16
Hi, my mocks start on Thursday, how many hours should I be revising each evening?

Thank-you!

There's no set amount of time. Stick to what you're used as you know yourself best in terms of attention span/alertness.
Original post by Blue_Cow
There's no set amount of time. Stick to what you're used as you know yourself best in terms of attention span/alertness.

Thank-you!
Student A revises for 8 hours by reading a textbook. They are not making notes or reading out loud, just sat reading a textbook for 8 hours.

Student B revises for 2 hours by completing exam papers. They mark them and take note of areas they lost marks, then go back to their textbook to review those areas and make notes.

Which student did the best revision?
Reply 4
Do a couple of hours each evening. Do as much as you feel is effective, when you feel like what your doing isn't really helping you (for example your just looking at textbook not really taking it in) then have a break or stop. I think 2 hours a school night is decent and then about 3 hours on the weekend.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Student A revises for 8 hours by reading a textbook. They are not making notes or reading out loud, just sat reading a textbook for 8 hours.

Student B revises for 2 hours by completing exam papers. They mark them and take note of areas they lost marks, then go back to their textbook to review those areas and make notes.

Which student did the best revision?

Student B because student A will lose focus and isn’t being as productive as student B? Maybe, haha, I don’t know :smile:
Original post by peeked
Do a couple of hours each evening. Do as much as you feel is effective, when you feel like what your doing isn't really helping you (for example your just looking at textbook not really taking it in) then have a break or stop. I think 2 hours a school night is decent and then about 3 hours on the weekend.

Thank-you so much for your response!
Original post by SophieMay16
Student B because student A will lose focus and isn’t being as productive as student B? Maybe, haha, I don’t know :smile:

Bingo. It isn't about how many hours you spend it's about what you do in those hours.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Bingo. It isn't about how many hours you spend it's about what you do in those hours.

Yay! Thank-you for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending