The Student Room Group

Post a motivational message to encourage anyone struggling with revision!

It's the point in revision where you know you should be revising...but yet exams (and the long summer after it!) still seem so far away...
So to help people keep motivated, post a motivational message to encourage them in this thread!

My message would be to each and every one of you; you CAN do it!! It may seem like an unpossibly long journey at this point, but there's still time left, and it's totally possible to turn your exams around :rave:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
It's the point in revision where you know you should be revising...but yet exams (and the long summer after it!) still seem so far away...
So to help people keep motivated, post a motivational message to encourage them in this thread!

My message would be to each and every one of you; you CAN do it!! It may seem like an unpossibly long journey at this point, but there's still time left, and it's totally possible to turn your exams around :rave:

There's a Chinese proverb that goes "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now".
So while it would have been more advantageous to have started sooner, all is not won or lost at this stage. However, what you do today and in the coming days and weeks will have an impact on you and your options/path in the future. Start now, do your best and look after yourself.
Original post by Labrador99
There's a Chinese proverb that goes "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now".
So while it would have been more advantageous to have started sooner, all is not won or lost at this stage. However, what you do today and in the coming days and weeks will have an impact on you and your options/path in the future. Start now, do your best and look after yourself.

Love that! So true :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Love that! So true :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: Don't know what came over me- I'm never usually all motivational like that :lol:
Use the long summer holiday as motivation to succeed. Imagine how relaxing summer will be after the exams and then on results day, seeing that your hard work has payed off. What could be better than that?
:smile: Don't know what came over me- I'm never usually all motivational like that :lol:

I'm sure you're more motivational than you think :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do well in your exams or risk a lifetime on the minimum wage.
Original post by Fazzy_77
Use the long summer holiday as motivation to succeed. Imagine how relaxing summer will be after the exams and then on results day, seeing that your hard work has payed off. What could be better than that?

Excellent advice! Wish I could use it myself this year but I'm year 12 and we're literally back in lessons 30 minutes after our final exam finishes for another 6 weeks :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Death and Taxes
Do well in your exams or risk a lifetime on the minimum wage.

That sounds more like a threat :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
I'm sure you're more motivational than you think :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: :smile:
Original post by Fazzy_77

Great advice :smile:
Great advice :smile:

:rave: you've got this!!
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do"

-The great Leonardo Da Vinci
Original post by peanotto
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do"

-The great Leonardo Da Vinci

Very true :yep: :smile:
Nothing is impossible. Even the worst itself contains possible. :yep:

It might be hard now but you'll reap the rewards later!

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Get up from your ass, an revise" - Albert Einstein
get revising you furry f***er
Just do it
Imagine two scenarios:

One where you open your exam, look at the first question, and you know exactly what you need to do- maybe it’s even similar to a PPQ you’ve already done. You are confident and relaxed throughout.

Another where you open your paper and don’t have a clue, and spend the paper guessing everything. How would you rather spend the paper? Knowing you’ve done everything you can, or knowing you could have done more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending