The Student Room Group

Lacking motivation in Year 13

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat. I worked really hard throughout year 12, always revising, always staying on top of my home work, and achieved really good results. But in Year 13 I suddenly feel a total lack of energy and motivation to work. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’m totally overwhelmed with everything (early UCAS application, LNAT, mock revision, course work) or just lazy. Is anyone else experiencing something similar or have any advice?
Original post by ejb1234
Wondering if anyone is in the same boat. I worked really hard throughout year 12, always revising, always staying on top of my home work, and achieved really good results. But in Year 13 I suddenly feel a total lack of energy and motivation to work. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’m totally overwhelmed with everything (early UCAS application, LNAT, mock revision, course work) or just lazy. Is anyone else experiencing something similar or have any advice?

Hi @ejb1234

I am sorry to hear that you are losing motivation. I can assure you that you are not the only one. I am currently in my third year of uni and what I am struggling with the most are all the other things I have to worry about like applying for jobs/post-graduate studies.

Having to deal with applications on top of completing your final year of A Levels is extremely hard and it doesn't always feel fair!

My one piece of advice to you would be to just do things in small chunks. Put a 15-minute timer on, spend that time on your personal statement and then have a break. Put a 20-minute timer on, and answer those exam practice questions.

Don't forget to treat yourself, it can be something as small as buying a hot chocolate from Costa!

You are doing great and I wish you all the best with your studies!
Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest