The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Secondary English PGCE

Hi,

I've recently accepted a place to study the Secondary English PGCE at Hope for September 2018. I was wondering if anybody else was doing the same course?😊
Original post by Erin2705
Hi,

I've recently accepted a place to study the Secondary English PGCE at Hope for September 2018. I was wondering if anybody else was doing the same course?😊

Hi Erin,

I have accepted my place at Hope for the English PGCE! Where are you from?
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by FrancineKennon
Hi Erin,

I have accepted my place at Hope for the English PGCE! Where are you from?

Hey! I'm so sorry I've only just seen your reply. Finally found someone doing the same course as me😂 I'm from Ellesmere Port, it's near Chester but I'm currently studying in Bangor😊Where are you from?😊
Hey! I'm so sorry I've only just seen your reply. Finally found someone doing the same course as me😂 I'm from Ellesmere Port, it's near Chester but I'm currently studying in Bangor😊Where are you from?😊

No problem, I’m from Ireland (Co.Armagh)! I was looking for a Facebook group for our course but one mustnt be made yet! Have you sorted your accommodation yet?
Reply 4
No problem, I’m from Ireland (Co.Armagh)! I was looking for a Facebook group for our course but one mustnt be made yet! Have you sorted your accommodation yet?

Ooh moving quite far then😊 Yeah I don't think there is one tbh😂 I've been offered a place in St Michael's Hall I'm just waiting to pay the deposit😊Have you?
Ooh moving quite far then😊 Yeah I don't think there is one tbh😂 I've been offered a place in St Michael's Hall I'm just waiting to pay the deposit😊Have you?

Awh very good! I’m looking at private accommodation because halls seems so strict on guests 😅 haven’t a clue where to look though!
Reply 6
Awh very good! I’m looking at private accommodation because halls seems so strict on guests 😅 haven’t a clue where to look though!

Yeah they do seem really strict, I'm hoping they'll be more lax but I'm not sure tbh😂 It might be worth emailing someone at the university for more advice on private accommodation?😊
Yeah they do seem really strict, I'm hoping they'll be more lax but I'm not sure tbh😂 It might be worth emailing someone at the university for more advice on private accommodation?😊

Yeah good idea actually! I’m looking for other PGCE students to live with cause I don’t want to end up living with first years! Plus it would be good to live with others on the same course. How are you feeling for starting? 🙂
Reply 8
Yeah good idea actually! I’m looking for other PGCE students to live with cause I don’t want to end up living with first years! Plus it would be good to live with others on the same course. How are you feeling for starting? 🙂

Yeah that's definitely a good idea😊 St Michael's is supposed to be postgrad only so I'm hoping I'll avoid the first years😂 Slightly apprehensive as I've heard it's very intense but at the same time I can't wait to start😊You?😊
Yeah that's definitely a good idea😊 St Michael's is supposed to be postgrad only so I'm hoping I'll avoid the first years😂 Slightly apprehensive as I've heard it's very intense but at the same time I can't wait to start😊You?😊

Yeah that’s the good thing about halls, you will be living with all post grads! Im the same, can’t wait to start but I’m more nervous about living in Liverpool than doing the actual PGCE lol I’ve a good bit of experiences in schools, so it’s more so the move over that I’m scared off!
Hi @Erin2705 & @FrancineKennon :hello:

Congratulations on both receiving offers and accepting your places to study on a PGCE course that's great news.

We can see you are staying/considering the halls we have at our Aigburth campus. We do allow you to have visitors however there a just a few rules such as signing them in for fire safety reasons. We have an upcoming Open House Event coming up on Saturday 21st April where you can view accommodation and speak to members of the Accommodation team regarding the guest policy and also speak to student ambassadors and their experiences of living there.

Please don't be nervous about living in Liverpool, it is a brilliant and vibrant city with plenty of things to do outside of your course. You can view this video for some student experience about living in the city.

[video="youtube;VthJ_RJQZSE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VthJ_RJQZSE&t=71s[/video]

Please do give me a shout if you have any concerns or questions before you start your course :smile:

Ruth
Reply 11
Yeah that’s the good thing about halls, you will be living with all post grads! Im the same, can’t wait to start but I’m more nervous about living in Liverpool than doing the actual PGCE lol I’ve a good bit of experiences in schools, so it’s more so the move over that I’m scared off!
Yeah I'm still yet to find any of them though😂 I've been to Liverpool quite a few times and it's a very friendly city, much nicer than places like Chester on a night out😊 Everyone will be in the same boat so I'm sure it'll be okay😊
I’ll be starting pgce in English starting in September. I’ve already sussed out the accommodation and moving into st Michaels hall. I believe it’s just postgrad students in there. Good to see a few from Ireland gonna be about. My name is Conall from Belfast.
Original post by Conall 1916
I’ll be starting pgce in English starting in September. I’ve already sussed out the accommodation and moving into st Michaels hall. I believe it’s just postgrad students in there. Good to see a few from Ireland gonna be about. My name is Conall from Belfast.

Also, does anyone know when we should be booking flights and moving over for? Would be good to know ASAP .
Reply 14
Also, does anyone know when we should be booking flights and moving over for? Would be good to know ASAP .

If you're staying in St Michaels then your contract starts on 1st September :smile: At least that's when my contract starts...
(Original post by Lara5)If you're staying in St Michaels then your contract starts on 1st September :smile: At least that's when my contract starts...
I’m in 52 A I believe, looking forward to it, just got word I’m getting the bursary which will be nice
(Original post by Lara5)If you're staying in St Michaels then your contract starts on 1st September :smile: At least that's when my contract starts...
I’m in 52 A I believe, looking forward to it, just got word I’m getting the bursary which will be nice

Hi @Conall :hello:

Congratulations on accepting your place for September and receiving your bursary, that's great news :clap2:

If we can help you with anything beforehand, please do give us a shout.

Ruth
Reply 17
Hey Conall! I’ll be studying the Secondary and English PGCE and also living in St Michael’s. I’m in flat 51 so I’ll probably see you around😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending