The Student Room Group

Trans Women To Be Allowed On Labour’s All-Women Shortlists

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
anyone who identifies as a woman is a 100% genuine bona fide real deal WOMAN

Even if they still have their men bits?

Maybe they are more feminine and like women's clothes and want to wear makeup...which is all cool by me...but does that make them women?
Original post by Hopefulone1
Even if they still have their men bits?

Maybe they are more feminine and like women's clothes and want to wear makeup...which is all cool by me...but does that make them women?

yes it does. if someone identifies as a woman even if they have a moustache and chest hair and are called Keith then they are 100% female.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Idiots wonder that for sure.

Ah! The old I haven't got an answer so I'll hide that by insulting the other fellow response, eh?
Original post by the bear
yes it does. if someone identifies as a woman even if they have a moustache and chest hair and are called Keith then they are 100% female.

Ok, from tomorrow, I am identifying as a goat.

a female one ? :perv:

Nanny or billy? It could be important.
On the subject of Munroe Bergdof

anyone else find it ironic that someone who had a decidedly middle class upbringing, who has had more opportunities in life than less affluent members of society has decided to criticize the existence of privilege? Interestingly she doesn't seem to recognize her own privilege.... when discussing the privilege of others, a privilege that has allowed her to gain access to exclusive industries?

Can someone please explain to me why some people see Munroe Bergdof as someone who has the integrity and experience to fight for social change?
Original post by Good bloke
Nanny or billy? It could be important.

I haven't decided yet. I may actually not decide to commit either way so you can call me they goat, not he or she goat.
Ah! The old I haven't got an answer so I'll hide that by insulting the other fellow response, eh?

Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor asserting that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim, and if this burden is not met, the claim is unfounded, and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
If being a woman was so helpful for ones own career Boris Johnson would be dressing in drag.
the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim,

It seems to have escaped your attention that I wondered whether something was the case, and did not claim that it was.

Plus you are all idiots jumping through so many hoops to do anything other than be helpful to trans people.Huhuhu, look at me, I'dm identifying as a goat. Aren't I so clever. You are just c*nts.

Back to your comfort blanket of insults, eh?
It seems to have escaped your attention that I wondered whether something was the case, and did not claim that it was.

So you objections are based on **** all apart from some chin stroking. lol
Not trying to be clever, but just realistic. Anyone can be who they want to as far as I am concerned, but to take over a role that was made for woman seems unacceptable to me. It's like a trans woman now racing against women who were born women. The trans woman is different and will be stronger, faster. I would like to say if trans people want to be represented as an oppressed group, then be in a trans people group, don't hijack a group of people that you don't have experience of being from birth.

Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor asserting that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim, and if this burden is not met, the claim is unfounded, and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it.

Spoiler

Original post by Trinculo
I think the issue isn't the existence of the all-female shortlists (some people are for them, some against) - but that women are on competing against people who say they are women.

This isn't anything resembling equality.

Why not? Women having to compete against everyone regardless of gender isn’t equality?

What actually happened is that Good bloke responded to a post in which I set out some thoughts about the subject matter with a thought of his own about the subject matter, and you decided to jump in just to call someone an idiot and post a large jpg of a dead bloke who would have absolutely despised your inability to deal meaningfully with any of the actual arguments.

Let's try a few direct questions and see what insults come back then, an open discussion being beyond you.

Perhaps you can tell me why the sex of the MP candidates is important? I'd rather see the candidate who looks most likely to win, or to most ably represent the constituents, get the chance, regardless of sex, sexual proclivities or any other factor unrelated to ability. Why should Labour voters have to settle for a second best candidate to appease a mistaken sense of fairness? That is not fair on the voters. Or don't they matter?

Given there are shortlists for women, perhaps you can tell me how women will be advanced by having men take positions for which women should be shortlisted? Or how the voters will be advanced by having second rate women take positions that first rate men are barred from?
If being a woman was so helpful for ones own career Boris Johnson would be dressing in drag.

Being a woman isn't helpful.

Being a man who is "so brave" coming out is. Being part of an "oppressed minority" is. There's cases where judges gave lenient sentences to trans because of their "fragile mental state".
Original post by limetang
Why not? Women having to compete against everyone regardless of gender isn’t equality?

Don't be daft. Learn what equality actually means. No one is saying men and women are physically equal.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Women will be the biggest losers in this trans madness. They'll have to put up with men pretending to be women no matter how uncomfortable it makes them feel.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/06/26/infant_gender_assignment_unnecessary_and_potentially_harmful.html

Another article I can't find anymore was by a woman saying: "I learned to accept penis in showers". Transmaidens ftw.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/self-defining-trans-women-to-be-allowed-on-labours-all-women-parliamentary-shortlists-partys-nec-set-to-announce-equalities-committee_uk_5a9d94f4e4b0479c0255e9c2

What is so funny about all of this is that it is only happening because Labour tranphobes kicked up a big fuss about trans women. They overplayed thier hand and now look. Trans rights are totally entrenched as a priority for the Labour party :rofl2:

Well done my dimb witted comrades.

Parroting Owen Jones? This reads like a paraphrase of his tweets.

"Oh no look, some women spoke up questioning what men are doing (and remember, trans women are men). We shut them up and put them in their place. Go us men".

What's funny is that Labour will never win the next election like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending