The Student Room Group

Is starting my gcse revision now late?

I’m going to start my solid gcse revision on Monday (13th March) is it possible to do so and still get grade 7s - don’t say start this week as my schedule is packed
Well i havent started either I just finished my mocks and i got decent grades in them so i will start revising in the easter holiday probs
yes if you start right NOW
na
if you were to take an exam for all ur gcses now what grade do you think you could get?
Not too late at all. Most people I knew didn't start til a couple weeks before exams.
Of course not! Just put your mind to it and focus on studying productively! The best way is to make a timetable for yourself with dates and times and how you will cover everything! Once you have done this you will be able to properly revise!
Good ways to productively revise include
- using past paper questions
- practicing the questions you find hard
- focusing on harder questions

Don't forget to leave time to also have fun and relax!
Original post by Gent2324
if you were to take an exam for all ur gcses now what grade do you think you could get?

If I was to sit them on the spot right now with no revision then maybe grade 5s or 4s
Reply 8
You have plenty of time.
i haven't started my A level revision and i aint worried
Original post by chocolover67912
If I was to sit them on the spot right now with no revision then maybe grade 5s or 4s

ok, its doable but you need to put more work in maths and english because they have a larger syllabus compared to the others, id struggle to believe that you can change it all into 7s, maybe 6s if you spread evenly but maybe spend more times on the subjects you care about and you can easily pump it up to a 7.
Original post by TheYearNiner
i haven't started my A level revision and i aint worried

Aha you should lol🤣🤣🤣
What subjects do you take?
Reply 13
I started mine this week and I am creating revision cards as well as exam questions. It sucks. I'm hoping for similar results, mainly straight 7s. I think content wise it should be ok, motivation-wise for me means possibly not realistic but hope it is for you. Good luck!
Original post by chocolover67912
I’m going to start my solid gcse revision on Monday (13th March) is it possible to do so and still get grade 7s - don’t say start this week as my schedule is packed

Completely however you will possibly need to put a little more effort into revision than others who started a bit earlier. But If you are predicted grade 7 or around that then you should be in a safe bracket as long as you try and care

The best of luck
~Taylor
Start asap. The more you cram the less you`ll learn. There is actual scientific research showing this! Like this one for example: http://www.learningscientists.org/blog/2016/7/21-1
Anything is possible and I'm in a similar situation (:
You can do it
Good luck!

source.gif
I still haven't started and I don't plan to so there's that if it makes you feel any better.
You needed to start revising ages ago. Christ, I started revising before 2018 even started. Good luck though

Quick Reply

Latest