The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Any postgrads receive college application?

Hi, I’m just wondering per previous emails being sent out about college allocation applications beginning 01/03 if any other postgrad has received their application. I have not.
Reply 1
I still haven't even received an admission decision... and it's been 8 weeks... :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Nope!
Reply 3
Haven’t received mine yet either :/ have you guys decided which college you want to apply to?
Reply 4
Excuse the double post but I received my email about an hour ago and just finished completing it ^^ :smile:
I’ve also received it around the same time as you. I’ve chosen Cuth’s (for proximity to department) and University (for comfortable living). What did you choose?
Reply 6
Original post by socraticdemise
I’ve also received it around the same time as you. I’ve chosen Cuth’s (for proximity to department) and University (for comfortable living). What did you choose?

I picked Mildert as first preference because I’m a current Mildert undergrad and love it here. I put no preference for choice 2. :smile:
I’ve put St Chad’s and St John’s.
Very nice. I wanted to do Chad’s, but found less information on Trinity Hall than the others I’ve applied to, so I didn’t want to commit to housing I don’t know about.

I’ve actually just received a confirmation that I am doing Cuth’s.
Reply 9
Original post by socraticdemise
Very nice. I wanted to do Chad’s, but found less information on Trinity Hall than the others I’ve applied to, so I didn’t want to commit to housing I don’t know about.

I’ve actually just received a confirmation that I am doing Cuth’s.

Congrats! I have quite a lot of friends at Cuth’s who love it. Will you be living in the college?
Reply 10
Original post by Sallsch
I’ve put St Chad’s and St John’s.

What are you studying, if you don't mind my asking? Are you planning to live in college?
Original post by lt096
What are you studying, if you don't mind my asking? Are you planning to live in college?

MA Christian Theology and yes, I am planning to live in college.
Original post by f26d02
Congrats! I have quite a lot of friends at Cuth’s who love it. Will you be living in the college?

Thank you! I will, at least I hope. The Parsons site is a 2 minute walk to my department which is nice because it seems that a lot is done at the department and I’m a lazy morning person.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
I’m a little confused about the personal statement required for the college application... is it meant to be formal at all? Kind of like the one I submitted for the uni application? Or just an informal “Hi, my name is so and so, etc.”?
Original post by lt096
I’m a little confused about the personal statement required for the college application... is it meant to be formal at all? Kind of like the one I submitted for the uni application? Or just an informal “Hi, my name is so and so, etc.”?

I was surprised to find it. I did it in about 5 minutes (informally, as I talked about smoke bombs and flares at football matches in one sentence and even joked I would leave the pyrotechnics at home) and talked about myself, my academic interests/academic service in clubs/societies, my non-academic interests, and concluded. Two days later, my allocation was emailed to me (even though it says four weeks).
Reply 15
Original post by lt096

To second the above, I also did mine informally and have been allocated. :smile:
Reply 16
Gotcha, thanks!
Just did my application today and have chosen Ustinov just because it is purely postgrad and thought it might cater to my needs better. I cant even remember what I chose as my insurance!
Reply 18
Original post by gilbertt
Just did my application today and have chosen Ustinov just because it is purely postgrad and thought it might cater to my needs better. I cant even remember what I chose as my insurance!

Ustinov has a lot of places for postgrads so I'm sure you'll be fine getting a place there! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest