The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Funding news for international students?

Hi everyone!

Since results from funding have slowly started being released, I was wondering whether people have heard back from anything. I've only heard back from Gates (unsuccessful), and am starting to really doubt my chance of actually going to Cambridge despite having an offer due to not being able fund my course . . .

I don't know if there's a specific thread detailing what funding opportunities have already been considered / what offers have been made, so I thought it might help everyone to start one here?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone!
Since results from funding have slowly started being released, I was wondering whether people have heard back from anything. I've only heard back from Gates (unsuccessful), and am starting to really doubt my chance of actually going to Cambridge despite having an offer due to not being able fund my course . . .
I don't know if there's a specific thread detailing what funding opportunities have already been considered / what offers have been made, so I thought it might help everyone to start one here?

Hi
Same situation (unsuccessful in Gates) and haven't heard back from other sources yet. I have read on few other thread that some have received the Trust international scholarships already but it runs till July so not sure how to keep up with it anymore
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi,

I am an international student and received a Cambridge International Scholarship two weeks ago. Hope that helps.
Reply 3
Original post by thegoldensnitch
Hi
Same situation (unsuccessful in Gates) and haven't heard back from other sources yet. I have read on few other thread that some have received the Trust international scholarships already but it runs till July so not sure how to keep up with it anymore
Gotcha, hopefully a few people can update on which ones they've heard back from, and best of luck to you! I'll definitely update this thread if I hear back from anything.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi,
I am an international student and received a Cambridge International Scholarship two weeks ago. Hope that helps.

Congratulations!! 🎊 Which course and college?
Gotcha, hopefully a few people can update on which ones they've heard back from, and best of luck to you! I'll definitely update this thread if I hear back from anything.

All the very best to you too! Fingers crossed
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi,
Congrats!!! Was that one of the specific Cambridge Trust ones?
Original post by thegoldensnitch
Congratulations!! 🎊 Which course and college?

phd in engineering and Churchill College.
Congrats!!! Was that one of the specific Cambridge Trust ones?

Yes. This one : https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholarships/cambridge-international-scholarship
Reply 9
Have any international applicants pursuing a masters receive the cambridge trust or all PhDs thus far?
Original post by torshi
Have any international applicants pursuing a masters receive the cambridge trust or all PhDs thus far?

No idea honestly, I'm an MPhil applicant waiting to hear back. I've heard of quite a lot of PhD students receiving funding, but not a lot of Master's students yet . . .
Hi everyone!

Have you conducted the interview with Gates?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Have you conducted the interview with Gates?
No, I was rejected.
Did anyone apply for Jardine postgrad scholarship?
Received an offer and waiting for funding too.. Does anyone know how long this will drag on for? The anxiety is real..
Is there still chance for us int’ls for funding? I’m losing hoping as we approach May.
Original post by Anonymous
Is there still chance for us int’ls for funding? I’m losing hoping as we approach May.
No idea, we can only hope! I still have yet to hear back, I really wish they'd update the Cambridge Trust website with what funding options have already been given out / are yet to be considered . . .
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone!

I got the Cambridge Trust International Scholarship in late February for a PhD in Classics
Original post by mokwadwo
I got the Cambridge Trust International Scholarship in late February for a PhD in Classics

That's amazing, congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending