The Student Room Group

A level advice Please...

Hi so I posted about psychology advice and now I'm going to explain overall...

I am in year 12
I do A level: History (Britain & America), English Literature and Psychology

I missed at least minimum one topic from each of the above subjects because I recently had surgery

Now I have to learn them topics (really big and broad topics) by myself
I am getting stressed because i was only given these 2 weeks Easter holiday to do them because everyone has started a will be continuing the new topics after easter.

I am at my desk studying from 10am - 8pm with some short 15 min breaks and a lunch break and dinner
I sit at my desk all stressed out because nothing is going into my head!
I am doing psychology revision first which is explained in my other psychology revision post in the a level Psychology forum.

Nothing is sticking inside my head, I have 3 days to complete psychology revision and understand and memorise the whole of the topic I missed But I know that's impossible
But that's my only option because we will be starting new topics in every subject after Easter

So what should I do?
I have 4 very big topics that I need to read over, learn, revise, understand and memorise in under 2 weeks.

Any advice?
Should I ask for a longer deadline?
I should have learnt these topics by early May as well as the new/current topics we are learning and the topics we have learnt before because all of them will be on our mocks.

I have missed out on:

Psychology: Attachment topic

British history & American history (A good 6 or 7 medium sized topics)

English literature: missed ALL of Othello teaching

I'm not worried about the content, I'm worried about the time I have to do it in: 2 WEEKS!

What should I do?
What would you do?
Any advice is appreciated

Thank you!
(edited 6 years ago)
Firstly, 9-5 revison with taking one hour breaks in between.
Secondly, attachment is a psychodynamic theory coined by john bowlby, i believe in 1964.
Thirdly, those other subjects are not my area.
Is that it? You could of googled that without my help.
Original post by random_matt
Is that it? You could of googled that without my help.

What are you on about?
Attachment is not just about one person
It includes a lot of people, a lot of key studies

The other subjects have a lot of content that I don't think I will be able to cover in 2 WEEKS!

Thank you
I merely gave you the name who coined the concept, i could give you tons of studies. I'm not the one who is struggling, i'm way further up the educational ladder.
I merely gave you the name who coined the concept, i could give you tons of studies. I'm not the one who is struggling, i'm way further up the educational ladder.

Oh Okay,
I'm sorry just stressed
Thanks for your advice

How did you revise ?
What did you get?
Thanks
Try the cornell method, it's a very good notebook, you draw one yourself or you buy them from Amazon.
Try the cornell method, it's a very good notebook, you draw one yourself or you buy them from Amazon.

I have already got notes and done them for psychology.
I could try it for English and History
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest