The Student Room Group

official AS Edexcel economics b thread

I couldn't find a thread for this exam board as it seems everyone does edexcel a instead of edexcel b. Anyway...

How did everyone find the theme 1 paper and do you any predictions for theme 2 paper.
heya,

I just had the exam as well. I found it ok but was really hoping for more economics as opposed to business studies (like exchange rates and inflation). I messed up with the gross profit margin as i completely forgot it was supposed to be a percentage and then got confused between regulation and legislation but apart from that it went ok! How did you find it?
My econ teacher said he thinks that theme 2 will be heavy on globalisation - have you heard anything similar?
Reply 2
Original post by lula7464
heya,

I just had the exam as well. I found it ok but was really hoping for more economics as opposed to business studies (like exchange rates and inflation). I messed up with the gross profit margin as i completely forgot it was supposed to be a percentage and then got confused between regulation and legislation but apart from that it went ok! How did you find it?
My econ teacher said he thinks that theme 2 will be heavy on globalisation - have you heard anything similar?

things like inflation and exchange rates are mainly found in theme 2. The exam was alright though i'm not sure how well i did on the second 8 mark question(the one about the extent on how the type of accommodation may impact the price). What did you write for this?

And no I haven't heard anything on what is going to be on theme 2 though globalisation came up 2 years ago so I don't know.
Original post by Parsia
things like inflation and exchange rates are mainly found in theme 2. The exam was alright though i'm not sure how well i did on the second 8 mark question(the one about the extent on how the type of accommodation may impact the price). What did you write for this?

And no I haven't heard anything on what is going to be on theme 2 though globalisation came up 2 years ago so I don't know.

I was more meaning chapter 7 in theme 1, although there is more in theme 2.

I was a little stumped as well for that question - I talked about how that was important for price but then also about how hosts would look at the prices their competition charge and then their costs (eg geographic location or time invested). I felt that for a number of questions, i was just rambling.
My teacher said that often the pre-release for year 13 is an indicator for year 12 and that was heavy on globalisation
Reply 4
Thoughts on paper two?
What did people get for the real rates change 4 marker in section 2? Was a bit weird but the rest of the paper was decent
Reply 6
Original post by Asdfghjkl11
What did people get for the real rates change 4 marker in section 2? Was a bit weird but the rest of the paper was decent

1.6% -you have to minus the cpi rate (inflation) from nominal wages

Quick Reply

Latest