The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE AS level psychology exam June 2018

Hey guys! How was the Edexcel GCE exam on social and cognitive psychology? How much do you think you’ll get? I personally thought it wasn’t that easy and was a bit tricky, especially the last question where we had to write about both key questions. It was a kind of weird paper, but it was okayish
Any assumptions of the grade boundaries? Also, do y’all have any tips for doing well in biological and learning theories? Please let me knowww!
Reply 1
Original post by Alex wimbleton
Hey guys! How was the Edexcel GCE exam on social and cognitive psychology? How much do you think you’ll get? I personally thought it wasn’t that easy and was a bit tricky, especially the last question where we had to write about both key questions. It was a kind of weird paper, but it was okayish
Any assumptions of the grade boundaries? Also, do y’all have any tips for doing well in biological and learning theories? Please let me knowww!

I found the paper harder than last year’s definitely. The grade boundaries better be low cause i was really hoping for an A. What did u write for the 12 marker?
Original post by rangini1
I found the paper harder than last year’s definitely. The grade boundaries better be low cause i was really hoping for an A. What did u write for the 12 marker?

I described the key questions from social and cog psyc...and yeah i really hope they reduce grade boundaries this time!
Original post by rangini1

I didn't find it too tricky considering a lot of points were handed to us easily

I wrote about heroism and dyslexia don't know if that's right

What do you think you got? I think the grade boundaries will be like 50% though cause of that 12 marker but it will depend on the biological paper. I think the biological paper will be similar to it so i would probably learn your strengths and weknesses :smile: Also is anybody going to do an unofficial mark scheme?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sophia3399
I didn't find it too tricky considering a lot of points were handed to us easily

I wrote about heroism and dyslexia don't know if that's right

That is right...it's in our textbook as well...don't worry :smile:
Original post by alphabet1
What do you think you got? I think the grade boundaries will be like 50% though cause of that 12 marker but it will depend on the biological paper. I think the biological paper will be similar to it so i would probably learn your strengths and weknesses :smile: Also is anybody going to do an unofficial mark scheme?

I honestly have no clue as to how much i'll get hahahaha these examiners are very unpredictable. Yeah actually, grade boundaries might be around 55 or 50 for an A. I hope the biological paper is easy! Also, how do u remember all the content in biological psyc? Do u memorize?
And let me know how the paper goes for u tomorrow!
All the best!
I honestly have no clue as to how much i'll get hahahaha these examiners are very unpredictable. Yeah actually, grade boundaries might be around 55 or 50 for an A. I hope the biological paper is easy! Also, how do u remember all the content in biological psyc? Do u memorize?
And let me know how the paper goes for u tomorrow!
All the best!

I litterally just learn all the information by teaching my parents like a couple days before the exam. But i learn the key questions and results of studies the morning before heheh. I find biological rather hard though so hopefully the 8 markers will be on studies. Hope it goes well for everyone
I litterally just learn all the information by teaching my parents like a couple days before the exam. But i learn the key questions and results of studies the morning before heheh. I find biological rather hard though so hopefully the 8 markers will be on studies. Hope it goes well for everyone

OHHH i actually tried teaching my mum once, and it actually went to my head hahaha....yeah i really hope it's on studies...BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY IS SO FRICKIN HARD (especially since i'm not a science student :frown: )
OHHH i actually tried teaching my mum once, and it actually went to my head hahaha....yeah i really hope it's on studies...BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY IS SO FRICKIN HARD (especially since i'm not a science student :frown: )

I find it so hard and I'm a science student ahahah how did everybody find the exam
I find it so hard and I'm a science student ahahah how did everybody find the exam

Ehhhh it was aaaaiiite-ish...unit 1 was easier though...i feel like i'll score low cuz their marking is so strict ughhh
Reply 11
Can i please as what came up in the exam ? What questions for each approach and what topics

Quick Reply

Latest