The Student Room Group

Pathogens and disease? -biology gcse helpppppppppp

How aseptic techniques are used to create an uncontaminated culture of bacteria?

Explain the conditions required for bacteria growth in a school labratory>??

.-...... ty if you help
Okay so some aseptic techniques are
1) make sure your equipment is sterilised. To do this, take your inoculating (I’m not sure of the spelling) loop and putting it over the flame of a Bunsen burner - that kills all the microorganisms from before.
2) make sure your Petri dish is sterile to again, kill the microorganisms from before.
3) tape the lid of the Petri dish so no unwanted microorganisms can get in and none can get out from your culture.

As for the conditions in the lab I’m not too sure..
I think it’s stuff like The temperature needs to be hot enough for efficient growth (25 degrees but not higher than that cuz harmful pathogens start growing) and store it in a moist environment.

I hope that helped lol
Original post by sharanya.idk
1) make sure your equipment is sterilised. To do this, take your inoculating (I’m not sure of the spelling) loop and putting it over the flame of a Bunsen burner - that kills all the microorganisms from before.
2) make sure your Petri dish is sterile to again, kill the microorganisms from before.
3) tape the lid of the Petri dish so no unwanted microorganisms can get in and none can get out from your culture.

I think it’s stuff like The temperature needs to be hot enough for efficient growth (25 degrees but not higher than that cuz harmful pathogens start growing) and store it in a moist environment.

I hope that helped lol

camn you help on some other few things please ill send it if u want/
Just a few more things to add:
-Label the Petri dish with information on what's inside etc
-Ensure that the when the bacteria is being spread across the surface of the agar plate it is done quickly so micro-organisms from air are prevented.
Original post by StarbucksLife14
Just a few more things to add:
-Label the Petri dish with information on what's inside etc
-Ensure that the when the bacteria is being spread across the surface of the agar plate it is done quickly so micro-organisms from air are prevented.

can you help me on some more stuff?
Original post by Ilikerevising
camn you help on some other few things please ill send it if u want/

Sure, if I know it. I would really recommend getting a revision guide tho they are really helpful. What year are you in anyways?
Sure, if I know it. I would really recommend getting a revision guide tho they are really helpful. What year are you in anyways?

Year 9

I hope that helped lol

That is correct. If they set the temperature near to body temperature (37C) then micro organisms that grow in the body (which may be pathogens adapted to live in humans) could grow. This is dangerous for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending