The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Child Development 14/06/18 - Exam Discussion

I don't know many people who are doing the exam tomorrow but I've made this thread so we can all discuss the exam and revision for it.

I personally am quite looking forward to the exam, but I would like to get an A* overall for it :smile:

Best of luck everyone :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone here???
Haha what even is this GCSE?
Reply 3
Original post by ZdYnm8vuNR
Haha what even is this GCSE?

It's so easy imo, but it's a nice break from my other really academic subjects though :smile:
Reply 4
How did everyone find it?

i thought it was so much easier than any of the past papers. Last year they had 5 six markers and an 8 marker, but this year we only had 2 six markers and an 8 marker. The grade boundaries are going to be ridiculous this year :frown:

It was a bit disappointing though. We had done much more detailed, challenging questions in class but we had very few opportunities to apply that in the exam because of how simple the questions were compared to previous questions. For example, my teacher was almost certain that Language Development would come up for the 6 or 8 marker, so most people in our class memorized all 16 of the language development milestones in order and their definitions... but no mention of it in the exam!

Apart from Maths, I think this exam went the best for me so far :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest