The Student Room Group

Help me with science

Hey, guys so basically I just did my end of year 10 exams and failed by that I mean getting D's and lower someone PLEASE help me.
I still don’t have my results back from these
:frown:
Did you revise? Or attend revision lessons? Or maybe if you don’t understand certain topics, make them in a way that you can remember.

For example my teacher tells us to imagine active transport and diffusion as if it’s a hill. Rolling a ball up a hill requires energy and takes it from a low concentration to high (active transport) whereas rolling a ball down from a high to low takes no energy (diffusion)

Small things like this can always help?

I’ve also got some booklets on some topics of biology, physics and chemistry and it’s just a bunch of information. I don’t know if it’ll help by revising from them etc but I can always send them over?

Hope you find the answer :smile:)
Reply 2
Original post by Lottie_smith02
I still don’t have my results back from these
:frown:
Did you revise? Or attend revision lessons? Or maybe if you don’t understand certain topics, make them in a way that you can remember.

For example my teacher tells us to imagine active transport and diffusion as if it’s a hill. Rolling a ball up a hill requires energy and takes it from a low concentration to high (active transport) whereas rolling a ball down from a high to low takes no energy (diffusion)

Small things like this can always help?

I’ve also got some booklets on some topics of biology, physics, and chemistry and it’s just a bunch of information. I don’t know if it’l l help by revising from them etc but I can always send them over?

Hope you find the answer :smile:)

Hey yeah I did revise and I revised so much, however, it's just not working.
Original post by 03hussainh

Aw that’s annoying. Were you overly worried?

It's possible that you're not revising using effective methods. How do you usually revise?
Reply 5
Original post by SkyRunner61
It's possible that you're not revising using effective methods. How do you usually revise?

I usually revise by writing down my information and going over it and testing myself on it.
I usually revise by writing down my information and going over it and testing myself on it.

That's actually not half bad as a revision tactic since it involves active studying (rewriting). Do you ever use past paper questions to revise? A lot of people find them helpful since it involves active recall without notes and helps you learn how to structure exam style answers
Reply 7

How often do you do practice questions?
You could memorise the whole textbook and still do badly if your technique is no good
Hey, guys so basically I just did my end of year 10 exams and failed by that I mean getting D's and lower someone PLEASE help me.

Always use past papers and mark schemes, both current and that of the old syllabus of your exam board and others. Borrow textbooks from the library if you do not have one or get revision booklets. There are some good YouTube videos to help you learn the materials.

In summary, learn the material and then practice!!!

Have you tried using revision platforms that do the testing for you? Can be better as then the questions are in varied formats, you're explained how it's wrong and you have less control over it so have to just tackle whatever they give you. I use Seneca Learning (https://senecalearning.com/) a lot for science, and closer to exams I did a bit on Quizlet (https://quizlet.com/en-gb) targeting the areas I struggled the most with. But I like Seneca because it teaches it really well as doing the testing, and it follows the spec for each exam board...

Quick Reply

Latest