The Student Room Group

economics or computer science

guys , i really need some help . i actually have to choose between computer science and economics as my optional subject . i am not able to decide . the thing is i want to prepare for jee , and i need an optional subject which take less time to prepare so that i can focus on JEE . PLEASE someone HELP ME !
Original post by renvi
guys , i really need some help . i actually have to choose between computer science and economics as my optional subject . i am not able to decide . the thing is i want to prepare for jee , and i need an optional subject which take less time to prepare so that i can focus on JEE . PLEASE someone HELP ME !

Take Economics, as there are so many easy marks to be gained from the Data Response questions and the essays are not too difficult either with similar topics examined year after year.

Computer Science is not required to study for a degree in Computer Science. You need Maths and Further Maths for Oxbridge and Imperial. Also, Computer Science would 'drain' your energy levels with so much time allocated to programming simple tasks by the boards. ☹️
Reply 2
Thanks brother/sister . can you recommend me the subject on basis of time/efforts . and let me tell you , I suck at coding . but economics is also a theoretical subject which i have to study 2 years . it is lose-lose situation for me . but suggest me which is less worse on basis of time to prepare and efforts . and i suck at both
Original post by renvi
Thanks brother/sister . can you recommend me the subject on basis of time/efforts . and let me tell you , I suck at coding . but economics is also a theoretical subject which i have to study 2 years . it is lose-lose situation for me . but suggest me which is less worse on basis of time to prepare and efforts . and i suck at both

Obviously Economics.

Quick Reply

Latest