The Student Room Group

A level help! PARAMEDIC

I really need to know how much I need chemistry to get into paramedic science at uni, or at least something in that field- i’m really not that great at chem gcse, even in general, and ive already chosen biology and pyschology so is there anything else that will benefit me??
It depends on where you want to go, but most courses don't require chemistry. Most require Biology, some require biology + a second science (Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Statistics, Psychology, Geography, Environmental Science/Studies, Applied Science, Geology, or Computer Science.) Some, like the uni of Brighton, don't require a science at all, just an acceptable social science (like politics or sociology). You can also get apprenticeships without the need for a science A-level. Let me know if this helps!
Reply 2
Look at the entry requirements on the course pages on different Uni websites.
Reply 3
Original post by alissia.xo
I really need to know how much I need chemistry to get into paramedic science at uni, or at least something in that field- i’m really not that great at chem gcse, even in general, and ive already chosen biology and pyschology so is there anything else that will benefit me??

You are in the medicine forum and might do better here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Reply 4
Original post by rowan_willow
It depends on where you want to go, but most courses don't require chemistry. Most require Biology, some require biology + a second science (Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Statistics, Psychology, Geography, Environmental Science/Studies, Applied Science, Geology, or Computer Science.) Some, like the uni of Brighton, don't require a science at all, just an acceptable social science (like politics or sociology). You can also get apprenticeships without the need for a science A-level. Let me know if this helps!

Thank you sm! We don’t get told enough at school so thats a lot of help-I’ve chosen to do health and social, bio and psychology and im pretty sure i’ll do that. Also didn’t know about the apprenticeships! Again, ty :smile:
Thank you sm! We don’t get told enough at school so thats a lot of help-I’ve chosen to do health and social, bio and psychology and im pretty sure i’ll do that. Also didn’t know about the apprenticeships! Again, ty :smile:

That should be perfect! Good luck for your future <3

Hi,

I am a Paramedic Student at the University of Surrey. The entry requirements for each University can change each year. The University of Surrey lists their entry requirements on their website. If you have any questions regarding your applications then you can easily chat to our application team, who you can access via our website.

Currently, the requirements regarding subjects in particular state that only "An A-level in a relevant science subject is required." This can be either biology, chemistry, psychology etc.

Alongside subjects and results, the university look for ideal characteristics and traits in the individual. The University of Surrey are well established on other platforms such as Unibuddy where you can talk to current paramedic students one-on-one with any other questions.
I hope this has helped, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know.

From
The University of Surrey Ambassador Team
Ellen
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi,
I am a Paramedic Student at the University of Surrey. The entry requirements for each University can change each year. The University of Surrey lists their entry requirements on their website. If you have any questions regarding your applications then you can easily chat to our application team, who you can access via our website.
Currently, the requirements regarding subjects in particular state that only "An A-level in a relevant science subject is required." This can be either biology, chemistry, psychology etc.
Alongside subjects and results, the university look for ideal characteristics and traits in the individual. The University of Surrey are well established on other platforms such as Unibuddy where you can talk to current paramedic students one-on-one with any other questions.
I hope this has helped, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know.
From
The University of Surrey Ambassador Team
Ellen

hello by relevent science subject" does this also include sociology ?

Quick Reply

Latest