The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln major/minor

Hello everyone!

This may sound like a stupid question but any students that go to the University of Lincoln might be able to help.

Basically I’m filling in my UCAS application and I’m stuck between two subjects. I wanted to know if anybody knows if I do one as a major and one as a minor or if I have to definitely choose one immediately? I’ve tried looking at their website but I can’t find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by OliviaRichmond1
Hello everyone!

This may sound like a stupid question but any students that go to the University of Lincoln might be able to help.

Basically I’m filling in my UCAS application and I’m stuck between two subjects. I wanted to know if anybody knows if I do one as a major and one as a minor or if I have to definitely choose one immediately? I’ve tried looking at their website but I can’t find it anywhere.

The major minor system is the American system. You will need to choose one subject unless it’s offered as a dual honours which will be on the website.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Hi! I did look at other universities around the U.K. and some do offer major/minor courses so I was wondering if you could do that in Lincoln. I’m considering going to an open day again just to ask the question. I was just curious that’s all ☺️
Hi! I did look at other universities around the U.K. and some do offer major/minor courses so I was wondering if you could do that in Lincoln. I’m considering going to an open day again just to ask the question. I was just curious that’s all ☺️

Really? I’ve never seen that in all the years I’ve worked in the UK unis sector. Dual honours yes but we don’t talk about majors and minors. Like I said the website will have the info so feel free to satisfy your curiosity :smile:
Thanks anyway. I appreciate your help ☺️
Reply 5
Hello everyone!

What subjects are you wanting to do? There are joint degrees available here, they are listed but if you really want to do another combination you could always ask the admissions office if it's possible
I want to do law and politics. I’ve had a look and Lincoln offers law and politics separately and I want Lincoln to be my first choice but it can’t be if I can’t do the course I want

Quick Reply

Latest