The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Physics and Philosophy combined, with multiple languages on the side
Perhaps something like psychology, that helps me accurately judge a person's intentions. Being absolutely horrendous at this has cost me many times :frown:
Something creative, like art or drama
Law. Particularly the intricacies of benefit law.
Also the psychological effects of injury in sport- I’m about to start a Combined STEM degree with the OU focusing on sport and exercise sciences, One of the modules I’m doing will be sports psychology and I’m really hoping it touches on that. I know several ex pro sportsmen who have retired with serious injury, and I’m fascinated with the mental processes behind these kind of injuries.
Original post by kiki213
The brain and how it works

Also psychology and the lives of people who are suffering or have suffered from mental illnesses ❤️

this is what I do :redface:
How to be like Batman.
Reply 86
Original post by Noodlzzz
this is what I do :redface:

That’s amazing 😁 I would like to study psychology, maybe volunteer to help people suffering from mental illnesses as I am studying law but I want to help people suffering from mental illnesses as I feel that even though it is a hot topic that is discussed a lot in the media, mental health sufferers are very underappreciated and they deserve much better care ❤️
Reply 87
I’d probably study medicine, I’m absolutely not caring enough to actually be a doctor but I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of being able to literally heal people (too many video games maybe.) Atm I want to be a lawyer though, I think it suits me far more.
Original post by kiki213
That’s amazing 😁 I would like to study psychology, maybe volunteer to help people suffering from mental illnesses as I am studying law but I want to help people suffering from mental illnesses as I feel that even though it is a hot topic that is discussed a lot in the media, mental health sufferers are very underappreciated and they deserve much better care ❤️

You could always go into the legal side of mental health? Things like legal representation for people who are sectioned.
Reply 89
Original post by Noodlzzz
You could always go into the legal side of mental health? Things like legal representation for people who are sectioned.

Yeah that sounds good!
Music, of course.
Reply 91
Original post by Rachmaninov
Music, of course.

Any aspect of it in particular?
I'd love to study the way in which someone's childhood impacts them later in adulthood - their values, beliefs, physical and mental health etc. It's something I got to look at briefly in an attachement module but I'd love to dive deep into how much our upbringing and early experiences make us who we are.
(edited 5 years ago)
Criminal profiling
Original post by bones-mccoy
Criminal profiling

You do psychology right? Have you seen the series 'Lie to me'? Mix of psychology and criminal profiling!
I’d do music since I got to grade 4 violin but gave it up start of year 10 because of GCSEs i had it as my gcse reserve but got into my first choices
anatomy and physiology!
Original post by Marcbark143
I’d do music since I got to grade 4 violin but gave it up start of year 10 because of GCSEs i had it as my gcse reserve but got into my first choices

NO WAY SAME
like literally exact same
i carries on with violin though until the end of this year (almost grade 5) and now i’ve officially given up :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by Marcbark143

I'll be honest, when people quit an instrument because of GCSEs, I really don't get it. You must have had time.
Reply 99
Original post by clouddbubbles
NO WAY SAME
like literally exact same
i carries on with violin though until the end of this year (almost grade 5) and now i’ve officially given up :frown:

Either you'll be glad you didn't quit or you'll wish you didn't quit. Pick one.

Latest