The Student Room Group

Abertay vs Chester university for Computer Science bachlers degree?

I've been debating back and forth, I know these universities aren't significantly the top but I'm choosing one of them. Which one would you say is most beneficial for learning Computer Science and job advantageous out of the two?
(Edit: spelt bachlers wrong, sorry meant bachelor's)
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Burdenofacookie
I've been debating back and forth, I know these universities aren't significantly the top but I'm choosing one of them. Which one would you say is most beneficial for learning Computer Science and job advantageous out of the two?
(Edit: spelt bachlers wrong, sorry meant bachelor's)

Hi @Burdenofacookie

It's great to hear that you're considering the University of Chester for your Computer Science degree!

Our computer Science Programme Leader, Andrew Muncey, has shared 5 top reasons to study at Chester:
1. You’ll get the opportunity to learn to develop for both major mobile operating systems
2. You’ll do an experiential learning module under the monitor-ship of professional software developers
3. You’ll get to learn and use a range of different programming languages
4. At all levels you’re taught by experienced academics - an interesting fact is that one of our Computer Science lecturers used to work for NASA! We keep class sizes small to ensure students can build individual relationships with staff and other students, and receive hands-on support whenever you need it.
5. Mathematicians have ranked that Chester is the most beautiful city in the world, based on buildings adhering to the golden ratio, so why study anywhere else?!

If you haven’t already visited us in person and gotten to know the city of Chester, we are holding an Open Day event on Saturday 20th January. You can book here - https://www1.chester.ac.uk/open-days or alternatively take a look at our Virtual Tour.

You may be interested in chatting to Victor online - he's a student ambassador who is currently studying the MSc Advanced Computer Science degree. Whilst I know you're interested in our undergraduate course, Victor may be able to provide some general information on the department and teaching staff. You can chat with him here- https://api.unibuddy.co/og/university-of-chester/buddies/students/63fd81c301d5a05db7d7a99c?buddyPosition=share

I hope this information helps to give you a bit more of an overview of what you could expect if you choose Chester.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out!

Best wishes,
Becky
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending