The Student Room Group

Government Legal Services Trainee Scheme (2018 applications)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I still haven’t heard anything either
Original post by Martin-N16
I have heard nothing yet either!

I’m thinking it’s bad news now as 8pm deadline passed for issuing results and if we were successful we’d have less time to complete the next stage. 3 day window is small as it is 😔
Reply 82
Heard nothing, presuming rejection as surely they would need to prioritise successful candidates so they can sit CRT. Possibly I’m being a cynic and obviously like the rest of you, I also have no idea what’s going on!
I am not sure what to think, as I got the news about the VRT really late too, but yeah... sounds as if it could be bad news!
Original post by Martin-N16
I am not sure what to think, as I got the news about the VRT really late too, but yeah... sounds as if it could be bad news!

What time did you get the SJT results ?
Everyone be sure to check your junk folders
I got through as well, email sent at 15.39 :smile:
I still haven't heard.. thinking of emailing the gls recruitment team.. Is there anyone else that is still waiting ?
Original post by yrs2812345
I still haven't heard.. thinking of emailing the gls recruitment team.. Is there anyone else that is still waiting ?

Good morning,

I still haven't heard either. I have emailed the recruitment team. Lets keep each other updated through this torturous process :biggrin:.

I'm struggling to think of a plausible reason for a 24 hour disparity in some candidates hearing.

The disorganisation of the whole process is a bit odle turn-off .
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 89
I’m not through. Really disappointed.
Original post by applicant26
Good morning,

I still haven't heard either. I have emailed the recruitment team. Lets keep each other updated through this torturous process :biggrin:.

I'm struggling to think of a plausible reason for a 24 hour disparity in some candidates hearing.

The disorganisation of the whole process is a bit odle turn-off .

Hey so I just heard - a no unfortunately !
Original post by HarryJ36
I’m not through. Really disappointed.

I’m sorry to hear that. Feel miserable, dust yourself off, learn from the experience and try again next year ! (I think I’ll be requiring the same advise shortly)
Reply 92
Rejection came through this morning
Reply 93
Sorry to hear of those of you who haven't made it through - it seems as though they're cutting the numbers right down through each stage!

To those of you who have made it through - do you have any recommendations of example tests for the Critical Reasoning tests? I've done one through the Pearson TalentLens site and have had a report through but I don't understand it; it's given me percentages for the 3 areas being assessed but some are over 100...
Original post by phi-281

To those of you who have made it through - do you have any recommendations of example tests for the Critical Reasoning tests? I've done one through the Pearson TalentLens site and have had a report through but I don't understand it; it's given me percentages for the 3 areas being assessed but some are over 100...

I found the same with the practice test, my score also came to over 100% which was confusing
Yeah, you have to remember that around 95% of people are eliminated before the AC. On a percentage basis, it is harder than the magic circle.

At least last year it was the same watson glaser that everyone else uses. Some of my questions I had answered multiple times before for other firms. Unless GLS changed tests this year, you can find sample watson glaser tests online
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi everyone,

I some how made it past that horrific VRT and managed to get the chance to attempt the CRT this year. I’m just wondering whether anyone knows how many questions we will be answering in the 30 min test? I felt quiet pressed for time during the VRT so I want to prepare myself. Thanks!
Original post by SwizzleSticks
Hi everyone,

I some how made it past that horrific VRT and managed to get the chance to attempt the CRT this year. I’m just wondering whether anyone knows how many questions we will be answering in the 30 min test? I felt quiet pressed for time during the VRT so I want to prepare myself. Thanks!

40 questions. However I think this test is less time pressured than others. For example the arguments section takes a lot less time than the inferences section etc
Also - i prob failed the WG lol

Why do i even try :frown:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Also - i prob failed the WG lol

Why do i even try :frown:

I did the CRT today and it made me want to CRY... good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending